The Event will be held on February 21st, 11:00 - 12:30 pm EST; 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM BST
This BlueTech® webinar will explore the current status of the oil sands industry and its water technology requirements and the challenges it faces and potential market opportunities. We will examine existing technology and current status of system designs. There will be presentations of the different approaches taken. Finally, there will be a discussion of prospects, highlighting research needs, new applications, and commercial opportunities.
This BlueTech® Webinar will bring together diverse perspectives from the oil sands water technology providers, industry experts and leading reseach groups. The industry experts will present for 45 minutes followed by a 45-minute question and answer session where the audience will have the opportunity to interact directly with the panel.
The following topics with be discussed:
• Oil sands water quality and potential treatment approaches;
• The nature of SAGD produced water;
• Overview of current water treatment practices and need for future technologies;
• The role of MVR evaporation in SAGD water recycling;
• Transferring innovation from other high fouling produced water application to SAGD;
• Oil Water Separation;
• An Overview of the industry in Alberta;
• End User Perspectives.
This webinar is part of the BlueTech® Webinar series.
Patrick Horner, VP Engineering, Aqua-Pure Ventures
• Mohamed Gamal El Din, Environmental Engineer, NSERC Senior Industrial Research Chair in Oil Sands Tailings Water Treatment
• Tom Hann, Senior Process and Project Engineer, Worley Parsons
• William Heins, General Manager, Thermal Products, GE Power & Water, Water & Process Technologies.
Registration is US$245.
(Note: BlueTech Research Subscribers please log out of BlueTech Research to register for this Webinar)
About BlueTech® Research
BlueTech® Research (bluetechresearch.com) provides investors, water companies, researchers and regulators with the latest information at their finger tips, providing clarity and critical analysis on emerging water technology market areas. We map and analyze the area of water technology innovation. We are focused on what is changing, and how new approaches, new technologies, and new needs are re-shaping the water technology market. The BlueTech Research Advisory Service provides Intelligence-on-Demand.