PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Needham, MA, United States, 2013/02/11 - Latest PTC Solution Includes centralized vaulting and revision control of multi-CAD models and their related documents (word, excel, PDF’s, etc.), their structures and relationships, powerful searching tools, and embedded 3-D view and markup utilities.
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), the Product Development Company®, announced on February 5, 2013 the release of PTC Windchill PDM Essentials, the latest release of PTC® Product Data Management (PDM) software. PTC Windchill PDM Essentials empowers smaller organizations to effectively organize and manage their product content so they can improve design reuse, broaden access to product information across roles and ensure control over design versions and release processes. Highlights of PTC Windchill PDM Essentials include:
• Installation and configuration wizards greatly simplify and accelerate the deployment process, providing customers with greater value in less time and at a much lower cost.
• Centralized vaulting and revision control of CAD models, their structures and relationships (PTC Creo, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Inventor, Pro/ENGINEER, PTC Creo Elements/Direct, and PTC Mathcad).
• Efficiently manage office documents, such as Microsoft Word and Excel, by controlling changes through check in and check out functionality.
• Powerful searching tools and easy copying / renaming of existing designs accelerate product information discovery and promote design reuse.
• Schedule and automatically publish viewables and other formats such as thumbnails and PDFs.
• Embedded 3-D view and markup utilities empower non-CAD consumers to view, section, measure and markup designs.
• Lifecycle states control when various roles are able to view, use and update product items. This ensures that areas such as manufacturing and purchasing can only access released items.
Based on PTC’s production-proven PLM software, PTC Windchill PDM Essentials offers a quick to deploy, easy to-use offering that can improve your ROI. By managing product data from PTC Creo, as well as many other CAD systems, you can ensure data integrity and enable concurrent engineering.
PTC Windchill PDM Essentials is right-sized for the existing needs of smaller teams and companies. And it provides the foundation for additional capabilities that a growing company may require in the future.
In North America PTC is relying on TriStar their largest Windchill Sales and Services Partner Worldwide to bring this product to the SMB Marketplace. PTC defines this segment of customers as those with annual revenues of $250 Mil and less.
TriStar (tristar.com) has been "pre-selling" the product for the last 30 days and on the day PTC officially released the product for sale sold several copies to those customers that had been awaiting the release.
"It's a great product and it will be very successful. These customers have been asking PTC for a Data Management Solution aimed at their business model for a while" Keith Bornstein, a Vice President in Sales at TriStar.