PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Washington, DC, United States, 2013/02/05 - The SIF Association is proud to announce the North American Management Board of Directors for 2013. The Board brings a wealth of experience and knowledge in education, data management, technology and business acumen - SIFassociation.org.
As members of the Board, each individual will be assisting in providing strategic direction, management and oversight for the affairs of the Association for North America.
The 2013 SIF Association North American Management Board includes:
• Bart Anderson, Education Service Center of Central Ohio
• Rob Curtin, Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education
• Sonya Edwards, California Department of Education
• Don Gauger, ProActive Schools
• Michael King, IBM
• Josh Klein, Oregon Department of Education
• John Kraman, Oklahoma Department of Education
• Lan Neugent, Virginia Department of Education
• Jennifer Schmidt, TRECA
• Peter Tamayo, Washington State’s Office of Superintendent and Public Instruction
• Brian Townsend, Vermont Department of Education
• James Yap, Byram Hills School District
• Raymond Yeagley, Northwest Evaluation Association (NWEA)
“We are thrilled to have such a solid group of national leaders in education to help drive the success of the SIF Association Community forward in 2013.” stated Larry Fruth II, Ph.D., CEO/Executive Director, SIF Association. “With the imminent release of SIF Implementation Specification (US) 3.0, the Association is thrilled to have so many national education data leaders on the Management Board who are focused on driving the adoption and implementation of interoperable open data standards throughout the education marketplace”.
Also held were elections for the North American Technical Board of Directors. The North American Technical Board serves in a leadership capacity for the SIF Association in the U.S., providing the technical oversight for the SIF US Specifications. The elected 2013 North American Technical Board At-Large seats were:
• Bart Kunz, Lincoln County School District #2
• John Lynch, Rediker Software
• Eric Petersen, Kimono LLC
• Wendy Riedy, SunGard Education K-12
About the SIF Association
The SIF Association (sifassociation.org) is a unique, non-profit collaboration composed of over 3,200 schools, districts, states, US and International Ministries of Education, software vendors and consultants who collectively define the rules and regulations for educational software data interoperability. The SIF Implementation Specification enables diverse applications to interact and share data efficiently, reliably, and securely regardless of the platform hosting those applications. The SIF Association has united these education technology end users and providers into a single community, resulting in an unprecedented effort to give teachers more time to do what they do best: teach.