Jelastic, Inc., the company behind the ultra scalable and interoperable cloud hosting platform for Java, announced the launch of its highly anticipated PHP hosting service. Jelastic's PHP Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) runs applications without code changes and offers advanced options for experienced programmers.
Jelastic is known for its advanced functionality that is both easy to use, and flexible and powerful enough for experts. Unlike most PaaS offerings, it does not require code adaptation, so anyone can deploy a PHP application in the cloud in just a few clicks. However, experienced IT specialists will find the advanced features necessary to satisfy their demands. Jelastic recently won the Duke's Choice Award, the "Oscar" of Java community, for this feat, and is proud to announce it's accomplished the same for PHP.
"We are very excited to announce Jelastic for PHP, with the features and flexibility to host and scale complex PHP applications. We've made it easier than ever to develop and run PHP apps, without vendor lock-in, in the data center of your choice, worldwide," said Ruslan Synytsky, CEO of Jelastic. "For innovative hosting companies, our channel program offers the next-level cloud services needed to compete with the big guys."
PHP cloud hosting with Jelastic offers numerous advantages:
• High Availability and Horizontal Scalability: When visitor demand requires deploying PHP applications across multiple nodes, Jelastic ensures high availability and horizontal scalability with just a few clicks. Built-in cluster management capabilities enable applications to easily scale up or down.
• Smart automatic vertical scaling: Applications receive as much CPU and RAM as needed for each server node. If load increases, resources are instantly reallocated to meet demands. Jelastic users never overpay for unnecessarily large "server instances," and do not need to manage resources.
• High level of security and isolation: Each server node executes in a virtual container in complete isolation, even when it runs on the same physical server. Container isolation provides security and resource usage protection of applications from one another.
• Simple cloud setup: Select (and easily switch between) PHP versions, configure PHP settings, network ports, public IP addresses, and more. Unlike Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS), Jelastic manages everything for you, so you stay focused on your application and not on your environment.
• Flexible for any application: Select Apache or NGINX application servers, SQL (MariaDB, PostgresSQL, MySQL) or NoSQL (MongoDB, CouchDB) databases, and Memcached. Multiple PHP extensions and most modules are available. Git/SVN integration makes deployment simple.
• Application lifecycle management: Easily test, stage, and deploy applications to production without code changes and swap or clone environments for production pushes or troubleshooting.
PHP for Jelastic is currently available in the US with ServInt, Russia with Rusonyx, Germany with dogado, UK with Layershift, Japan with Tsukaeru, Finland with Planeetta, Websolute in Brazil. Developers can test their PHP applications on Jelastic for free at Jelastic.com.
Jelastic, Inc. (jelastic.com), a startup company based in Palo Alto, Calif., makes the Java and PHP server-hosting platform for developers and hosting service providers. Jelastic is the only Platform-as-a Service (PaaS) offering designed specifically for hosting service providers to deploy and make available to their customers. Jelastic automatically scales Java and PHP applications and allocates server resources, thus delivering true next generation Java and PHP cloud computing.