ZOLL Medical Corporation, a manufacturer of medical devices and related software solutions, today announced that its fully integrated portfolio of resuscitation technology, expanded Wi-Fi capabilities, and advanced resuscitation technology will be on display during the American Heart Association (AHA) 2012 Resuscitation Science Symposium (ReSS) and Scientific Sessions in Booth #1235 November 4-6 in Los Angeles.
New to the AHA exhibit is the ZOLL X Series™ Monitor/Defibrillator. Weighing less than 12 pounds, the X Series is about half the size and half the weight of competitive full-featured monitor/defibrillators, yet much more powerful and built to the most rigorous standards for ruggedness. This monitor/defibrillator combines the clinically superior therapeutic capabilities of ZOLL defibrillation, pacing, and real-time CPR feedback with advanced monitoring parameters.
The X Series features the most robust data communications available. With Wi-Fi, USB, and Blue Tooth transfer capability, the X Series can report easily to the ZOLL RescueNet® suite of products for seamless data management with EMS operations.
Also being showcased is the expanded Wi-Fi capability for the R Series® Code-Ready® family of hospital defibrillators. The R Series Data COMM™ card speeds data transfer of Wi-Fi networks a, b, g, and n, and offers WEP and WPA encryption to ensure flexible, safe data transfer.With this expanded capability, hospitals can rapidly upload code data to the network, RescueNet Code Review and CodeNet®. Using ZOLL’s Defib Dashboard®, the R Series automatically reports the readiness state of every unit in the hospital to clinical engineering to enhance staff efficiency and ensure the fleet is ready to use.
Another new product from ZOLL is RescueNet® 12-Lead, which is available at no cost to hospitals and EMS organizations and supports the goals of AHA Mission Lifeline. RescueNet 12-Lead is the first web browser-based system that allows access from any computing device with Internet capability. No dedicated hardware or proprietary software is required and transmissions are accepted from multiple monitor/defibrillators.
This year, ZOLL is celebrating the 10th anniversary of Real CPR Help®. This real-time CPR feedback technology is incorporated into virtually all ZOLL defibrillators, including the AED Plus®, the AED Pro®, the R Series®, the X Series, and PocketCPR®. Real CPR Help supports the 2010 AHA Guidelines with their increased emphasis on high-quality CPR and post-resuscitation care. The ZOLL R and X Series defibrillators, along with the AED Pro, also offer See-Thru CPR®, a breakthrough technology that filters out CPR artifact from the ECG to help rescuers minimize the duration of CPR interruptions.
ZOLL’s resuscitation and critical care products address each link in the Chain of Survival. Additional noteworthy products on display include:
• The AutoPulse® Non-Invasive Cardiac Support Pump features a load-distributing LifeBand® that squeezes the entire chest to improve blood flow to the heart and lungs, and provides high-quality, uninterrupted CPR chest compressions. SCA victims receive consistent, high-quality chest compressions while clinicians are freed up to perform other critical interventions.
• The LifeVest Wearable Defibrillator®, for early intervention, is worn by patients at risk for sudden cardiac arrest, providing protection during their changing condition and while permanent SCA risk has not been established. The LifeVest allows a patient’s physician time to assess his/her long-term arrhythmic risk and make appropriate plans.
• The ZOLL Intravascular Temperature Management System (IVTM™) provides precise and rapid control of a patient's core temperature for both cooling and warming applications.
Scientific Presentations Related to ZOLL Products and Technology
Thirteen scientific presentations related to ZOLL products and technology are scheduled to be presented during ReSS. Key presentations held Pacific time are:
• Uwe Stolz, PhD, University of Arizona, will present “The Effect of CPR Quality of Survival and Neurological Outcome after Out-of-Hospital Cardiac Arrest,” Saturday, Nov. 3 at 11:30 am.-1:00 pm.PT in the Platinum Ballroom, JW Marriot at LA LIVE. Poster #130
• Darshak Karia, MD, Spectrum Health (Grand Rapids, Mich.) will present an oral abstract “Dynamic ECG Changes in Wearable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Patients Predict Sudden Cardiac Arrest,” Saturday, Nov. 3 at 5:00-5:15 pm. PT in the Platinum Ballroom, JW Marriot at LA LIVE.
• Darshak Karia, MD, will present a poster abstract “Baseline ECG Predictors of 90-Day Survival in Wearable Cardioverter-Defibrillator Patients Experiencing a Sudden Cardiac Arrest,” Sunday, Nov. 4 at 11:30 am.-1:00 pm. PT in the Gold Ballroom, JW Marriot at LA LIVE. Poster # 186.
• Chingping Wan, MD, ZOLL, will present a poster abstract “Patients with Terminal Illness Using a Wearable Cardioverter Defibrillator,” Saturday, Nov. 3 at 11:15 am.-12:45 pm. PT in the Gold Ballroom at the JW Marriott. Poster #175.
A listing and schedule of the ZOLL-related presentations is available at zoll.com/aha-presentations. All presentations will be available from the AHA and ZOLL at the conclusion of the AHA Scientific Sessions program.
About ZOLL Medical Corporation
ZOLL Medical Corporation (zoll.com), an Asahi Kasei Group company, develops and markets medical devices and software solutions that help advance emergency care and save lives, while increasing clinical and operational efficiencies. With products for defibrillation and monitoring, circulation and CPR feedback, data management, fluid resuscitation, and therapeutic temperature management, ZOLL provides a comprehensive set of technologies that help clinicians, EMS and fire professionals, and lay rescuers treat victims needing resuscitation and critical care.
About Asahi Kasei
The Asahi Kasei Group (asahi-kasei.co.jp) is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the chemicals and fibers, homes and construction materials, electronics, and health care business sectors. Its health care operations include devices and systems for critical care, dialysis, therapeutic apheresis, transfusion, and manufacture of biotherapeutics, as well as pharmaceuticals, diagnostic reagents, and nutritional products. With more than 25,000 employees around the world, the Asahi Kasei Group serves customers in more than 100 countries.
©2012 ZOLL Medical Corporation. All rights reserved. AED Plus, AED Pro, AutoPulse, CodeNet, Code-Ready, Data COMM. Defib Dashboard, IVTM, LifeBand, LifeVest, PocketCPR, R Series, Real CPR Help, RescueNet, See-Thru CPR, X Series, and ZOLL are trademarks or registered trademarks of ZOLL Medical Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Asahi Kasei is a registered trademark of Asahi Kasei Corporation. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners.