• Total Revenue: $332.4 million, representing an 8 percent increase year-over-year;
• Non-GAAP Operating Income: $195.6 million, representing 59 percent of revenues;
• Non-GAAP EPS: $0.79, representing a 10 percent increase year over year.
"Third quarter results continued to be good with healthy growth in enterprise appliance units and software blade sales. Our revenues and earnings per share came in at the upper half of our projections." said Gil Shwed, founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Check Point Software Technologies. "Geographically, North America continued to deliver great results with double digit growth in product and service revenues."
• Total Revenue: $332.4 million, an increase of 8 percent, compared to $308.3 million in the third quarter of 2011.
• GAAP Operating Income: $182.6 million, an increase of 15 percent, compared to $158.2 million in the third quarter of 2011. GAAP operating margin was 55 percent, compared to 51 percent in the third quarter of 2011.
• Non-GAAP Operating Income: $195.6 million, an increase of 8 percent, compared to $180.7 million in the third quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP operating margin was 59 percent, the same as in the third quarter of 2011.
• GAAP Net Income and Earnings per Diluted Share: GAAP net income was $152.4 million, an increase of 14 percent, compared to $134.1 million in the third quarter of 2011. GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.73, an increase of 16 percent, compared to $0.63 in the third quarter of 2011.
• Non-GAAP Net Income and Earnings per Diluted Share: Non-GAAP net income was $164.1 million, an increase of 7 percent, compared to $152.9 million in the third quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP earnings per diluted share were $0.79, an increase of 10 percent, compared to $0.72, in the third quarter of 2011.
• Deferred Revenues: As of September 30, 2012, we had deferred revenues of $505.9 million, an increase of 11 percent, compared to $454.5 million as of September 30, 2011.
• Cash Flow: Cash flow from operations was $180.4 million, an increase of 17%, compared to $154.5 million in the third quarter of 2011.
• Share Repurchase Program: During the third quarter of 2012, we repurchased 3.2 million shares at a total cost of $156.1 million.
• Cash Balances, Marketable Securities and Short Term Deposits: $3,246.8 million as of September 30, 2012, an increase of $470.3 million, compared to $2,776.5 million as of September 30, 2011.
For information regarding the Non-GAAP financial measures discussed in this release, please see "Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information" and "Reconciliation of GAAP to Non-GAAP Financial Information."
During the quarter, we announced the new Check Point Virtual Systems - Latest solution for private cloud environments and data centers enabling the consolidation of up to 250 security gateways on a single hardware platform. Customers can now secure multiple network segments by selecting any combination of Check Point software blades, which are capable of simplifying security, reducing costs and boosting performance.
We've continued to receive industry recognition worldwide including:
Top Position in IDC Worldwide Combined Firewall and UTM Appliance Market – Check Point is positioned as the number one vendor in worldwide combined Firewall and UTM appliance revenue for Q2 2012 according to the IDC Worldwide Q2 2012 Security Appliance Tracker.
Leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection – Check Point is positioned as a leader in Gartner's Magic Quadrant for Mobile Data Protection, 2012. The company is recognized for its ability to encrypt data and secure mobile endpoints.
NSS Labs "Recommended" Rating –Check Point IPS Software Blade earned NSS Labs' coveted "Recommended" rating for the second year in a row.
Shwed concluded,"We are pleased with IDC's recognition of Check Point's number one position in security appliance sales this past quarter. We believe that with our appliances and software blades architecture we deliver the deepest and broadest security solutions available in the market."
Fourth Quarter 2012 Investor Conference Participation Schedule:
• Wells Fargo Securities Media & Technology Conference
November 7, 2012 – New York, NY
• UBS Global Technology Conference
November 15,2012 – New York, NY
• Credit Suisse Annual Technology Conference
November 27, 2012 – Scottsdale, AZ
• 29th Annual NASDAQ OMX Investor Program
December 4, 2012 London, UK
Members of Check Point's management team will present at these conferences and discuss the latest company strategies and initiatives. Check Point's conference presentations are expected to be available via webcast on the company's website. To view these presentations and access the most updated information please visit the company's website at checkpoint.com/ir. The schedule is subject to change.
Conference Call and Webcast Information
Check Point will host a conference call with the investment community on October 17, 2012 at 8:30 AM ET/5:30 AM PT. To listen to the live webcast, please visit the website at: checkpoint.com/ir. A replay of the conference call will be available through October 24, 2012 on the company's website or by telephone at +1.201.612.7415, replay ID number 401438.
About Check Point Software Technologies Ltd
Check Point Software Technologies Ltd (checkpoint.com), the worldwide leader in securing the Internet, provides customers with uncompromised protection against all types of threats, reduces security complexity and lowers total cost of ownership. Check Point first pioneered the industry with FireWall-1 and its patented stateful inspection technology. Today, Check Point continues to develop new innovations based on the Software Blade Architecture, providing customers with flexible and simple solutions that can be fully customized to meet the exact security needs of any organization. Check Point is the only vendor to go beyond technology and define security as a business process. Check Point 3D Security uniquely combines policy, people and enforcement for greater protection of information assets and helps organizations implement a blueprint for security that aligns with business needs. Customers include tens of thousands of organizations of all sizes, including all Fortune and Global 100 companies. Check Point's award-winning ZoneAlarm solutions protect millions of consumers from hackers, spyware and identity theft.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information
In addition to reporting financial results in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, or GAAP, Check Point uses non-GAAP measures of net income, operating income, operating margin and earnings per share, which are adjustments from results based on GAAP to exclude non-cash equity-based compensation charges, amortization of acquired intangible assets, gain on sale of marketable securities previously impaired or other than temporary impairment of marketable securities, net, and the related tax effects. Check Point's management believes the non-GAAP financial information provided in this release is useful to investors' understanding and assessment of Check Point's ongoing core operations and prospects for the future. Historically, Check Point has also publicly presented these supplemental non-GAAP financial measures in order to assist the investment community to see the Company "through the eyes of management," and thereby enhance understanding of its operating performance. The presentation of this non-GAAP financial information is not intended to be considered in isolation or as a substitute for results prepared in accordance with GAAP. A reconciliation of the non-GAAP financial measures discussed in this press release to the most directly comparable GAAP financial measures is included with the financial statements contained in this press release. Management uses both GAAP and non-GAAP information in evaluating and operating business internally and as such has determined that it is important to provide this information to investors.