To help organizations reduce the costs of tracking waste and comply with material control laws, Oracle today announced a waste management solution for the Oracle E-Business Suite.
Extending the capabilities within Oracle Depot Repair, Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management, the waste management solution for the Oracle E-Business Suite automates and monitors waste management processes to help ensure that hazardous materials are tracked and handled in accordance with regulatory requirements.
Oracle’s waste management solution for the Oracle E-Business Suite leverages Oracle Transportation Management and Oracle Global Trade Management, enabling customers to view in-transit inventory across the extended supply chain, while also providing a single repository for all legal, regulatory and compliance related information.
By providing real-time visibility into the current location and status of controlled materials, Oracle’s waste management solution for the Oracle E-Business Suite enables businesses and their reverse supply chain partners to avoid fines and recover the maximum extractable value from used assets and salvaged parts.
To further increase visibility into waste management processes, the waste management solution for the Oracle E-Business Suite includes a new Environmental Impact Dashboard that provides a cross-enterprise view and data “slice-and-dice” functionality.
Oracle’s waste management solution for its Oracle E-Business Suite helps customers calculate the value recovered from returned materials and track sub-component materials and material restrictions, and features out-of-box integration with Oracle E-Business Suite Financials and Oracle Product Information Management Hub.
This solution is available to all Oracle E-Business Suite 12.1 customers on the latest maintenance pack.
A Complete, Out-of-the-Box Waste Management Solution from Oracle
The Oracle waste management solution for the Oracle E-Business Suite enables businesses to profitably recover, re-use and recycle products and parts by providing best-in-class tools and intelligence.
The waste management solution for the Oracle E-Business Suite helps businesses and organizations:
• Track and trace controlled materials from customer to final disposition, which is now required for legal compliance by any business that sells electronic products in the United States (U.S.), European Union (EU), Canada, China, India, South Korea, Taiwan or Japan for complying with waste management laws in those countries. Failure to comply leads to fines, lost revenue and brand reputation damage.
• Comply with international mandates for electronics, batteries, packaging, motor vehicles, products containing PCBs and PCTs, and medical waste.
View all return streams, material types and dispositions, put-on-market data and recovery cost.
• Generate service bulletins that provide location-specific rules, paperwork and compliance instructions, along with checklists to capture electronic signatures for compliance tasks.
• Track returns by European Waste Catalogue (EWC) codes or business-specific disposition taxonomy.
• Send automated return instructions to customers when return requests are created.
• Track costs and value recovered from re-use and recycling.
• Aggregates the data from engineering, manufacturing, sales, returns, reverse supply chain operations, logistics and third party processing partners to enable compliance with the different data, data formats and reporting periods required by each EU country, U.S. state, Canadian province and numerous other countries.
• Export return and disposition data to spreadsheets for simplified reporting the different data, data formats and reporting periods in each EU country, U.S. state, Canadian province and numerous other countries.
• Collaborate with third party logistics providers and processing partners using the Oracle Partner Portal.
“In today’s economy, businesses and their supply chain partners must comply with material control laws in every single region in which they do business,” said Hannes Sandmeier, vice president of cMRO and depot repair development, Oracle. “To help our customers manage this complex and costly process, we are introducing a waste management solution for theOracle E-Business Suite. By helping customers automatically track and document the movement of materials, the new solution streamlines waste management processes and significantly increases visibility. This will help customers create new revenue opportunities, reduce costs and avoid fines.”
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco (oracle.com/openworld) is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from over 140 countries, offers more than 2,100 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 partners and customers showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco.
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited (oracle.com/applications) is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1.415.856.5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.