With more than 50,000 attendees and more than 1 million online participants, Oracle will kick off Oracle OpenWorld 2012, on Sunday, September 30. Oracle OpenWorld is the largest and most important educational and networking technology conference for developers, Oracle customers and partners.
At this year’s event, Oracle CEO Larry Ellison will be joined by many technology industry leaders, as well as special guests, including Michael Lewis, best-selling author; Clayton Christensen, author and world-renowned innovation expert; Seth Godin, best-selling author and customer experience thought leader; Dr. Robert Ballard, oceanographer, scientist and discoverer of the Titantic; Connie Chung, journalist and news anchor; Joe Montana, Hall of Fame quarterback; and Kelley O’Hara, Alex Morgan, Abby Wambach, US Women’s Olympic Soccer Team Gold Medalists.
The conference features seven days of education and insight into Oracle's strategy and roadmap on today’s leading technology initiatives, including engineered systems, cloud computing, business analytics and big data, and customer experience.
With more educational content than ever before, Oracle OpenWorld expanded to include six sub-conferences within the main Oracle OpenWorld umbrella, including the Executive Edge @ OpenWorld, Oracle PartnerNetwork Exchange @ OpenWorld, Customer Experience Summit @ OpenWorld, JavaOne, Java Embedded @ JavaOne and MySQL Connect.
To accommodate the increase in sessions and events, Oracle OpenWorld expanded to include Union Square, in addition to occupying Howard Street and Taylor Street, and in “The Zone” where the JavaOne conference is held.
Oracle OpenWorld attracts attendees from more than 140 countries and generates over $120 million for the Bay Area economy.
Extensive Educational Content at Oracle OpenWorld
Conference attendees will have the opportunity to experience:
• More than 2,500 educational sessions across 14 venues;
• Nearly 3,500 customer and partner speakers from marquee brands sharing how they are using Oracle technology to power their businesses, including: Twitter, Intuit, Kaiser, Land O’ Lakes, Praxair, Sephora, Southwest Airlines, Stryker and Subaru;
• Over 450 partner and customer exhibits;
• Over 400 Oracle product demonstrations in the DEMOgrounds.
This year’s event will also feature:
• Product keynotes from industry leaders, including Oracle, EMC, Fujitsu, Infosys and Intel addressing the latest technology developments and futures, as well as key strategies for achieving business efficiency and innovation.
• The Oracle Cloud Computing tracks offering an in-depth look at Oracle’s comprehensive cloud offerings for public, private and managed clouds, featuring keynotes, 8 general sessions, and more than 300 cloud sessions and demos.
• Server and Storage tracks offering customers and partners the opportunity to attend more than 100 sessions, demos and hands-on labs, on topics including mission-critical computing on Oracle Optimized Servers and Oracle SPARC SuperCluster; transforming Oracle Database performance with Oracle’s Sun ZFS Storage Appliances and Oracle’s Pillar Axiom; optimizing data availability with Oracle’s StorageTek tape; innovations in Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux, and virtualization solutions for Oracle’s SPARC platforms.
• Eighteen industry-specific tracks with Oracle product experts and industry leaders, who will discuss Oracle’s roadmap to business strategies.
• Applications, Database and Middleware sessions covering Oracle’s vision and product strategy, successful customer implementations, and best practices for maintaining and upgrading Oracle Applications.
Unique Experiences at Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld has become an exciting destination with new experiences unveiled each year. New this year and only at Oracle OpenWorld:
• A chance to meet the America’s Cup title defender ORACLE TEAM USA crew and get an up-close look at the America’s Cup trophy at the ORACLE TEAM USA America’s Cup Pavilion and an actual America’s Cup AC45 Catamaran.
• The Oracle Appreciation Event with live music from Pearl Jam, Kings of Leon and X, as well as carnival rides and games on Treasure Island.
• The debut of the first annual Oracle OpenWorld Music Festival, featuring some of today’s hottest acts, emerging bands and DJs over five nights playing at locations throughout San Francisco. Headliners include Macy Gray, The Hives, Jimmy Cliff, Joss Stone, Old 97s and The English Beat.
A• n opportunity to network with peers, Oracle partners and Oracle experts at one of many Lounges, Pavilions, and Tap and Brews during the show.
• Attendees can be the first to play “Oracle Vanquisher,” a data center optimization video game that will be showcased in the Hardware DEMOgrounds at the show.
“Oracle OpenWorld 2012 delivers seven days of tailored sessions and demos to help our customers understand how to take advantage of the latest Oracle technologies and drive innovation within their own organizations,” said Tania Weidick, vice president, marketing, Oracle. “At the year’s largest and most important educational and networking technology event for business executives and technologists, attendees will have the opportunity to learn about the latest in enterprise technology and hear about the latest disruptors from industry leaders.”
About Oracle OpenWorld
Oracle OpenWorld San Francisco is the most important educational and networking event of the year for Oracle technologists, customers, and partners. This information technology event is dedicated to helping businesses optimize existing systems and understand upcoming technology breakthroughs. The conference, which draws more than 50,000 attendees from more than 140 countries, offers more than 2,500 educational sessions, 400 product demos, exhibitions from 450 customers and partners showcasing applications, middleware, database, server and storage systems, industries, management and infrastructure – all engineered for innovation. Oracle OpenWorld 2012 is being held September 30-October 4 at The Moscone Center in San Francisco.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Danielle Cormier-Smith, Oracle
P: +1.610.766.3463 - E: danielle.cormier[.]oracle.com.