PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Louisville, KY, United States, 2012/09/24 - As demand for mobile technology soars, GE is launching the appliance industry’s first full-line trade catalog app for the iPad® (NYSE: GE) - GEAppliances.com. NYSE: GE
• New app has model details, plus feature videos and other content for the full line of GE®, GE Profile™ and GE Café™ brands of appliances;
• The investment in technology upgrades is in addition to GE’s $1 billion investment to completely transform its product portfolio in the U.S. by 2014.
Designed with retailers, builders and kitchen designers in mind, but also convenient for consumers as they research before making an appliance purchase, the app is available as a free download on Apple®’s App Store as GE Appliances Trade Catalog App.
“We know our builders and retailers are busy and need easy access to information as they work to make a sale,” says Maggie Kassebaum, general manager of commercial operations for GE Appliances. “The new GE Appliances Trade Catalog App makes it extremely convenient to look up current features, dimensions, color choices, demo videos and other resources available for the GE®, GE Profile™ and GE Café™ brands of appliances. It’s cool to be able to show a video of the new products coming off the assembly line in Louisville, too. You can’t create that experience with print.”
The Catalog App is updated every 72 hours with the latest model information—making it and geappliances.com the most accurate way to stay up to speed on GE appliances.
Other features on the GE Appliances Trade Catalog App include:
• Appliance model information, including videos, photo galleries, technical specs, quick specs and installation information;
• Searchable content tailored specifically to retail and contract channels;
• Ability to email model specs, make notes and organize groups of favorite models;
• The latest information on GE initiatives and products available in the GE Story section.
“As GE invests $1 billion to completely transform our product portfolio, we’re also investing in our sales force with tools and technology to help sell our great products,” says Kassebaum. “The Sales team is focused on productivity and efficiency, just like our factories are focused on Lean manufacturing — all with the goal of better serving our customers. We have given our contract and retail sales managers iPhones®, iPads and the latest technology to get the job done.”
About GE Appliances
GE Appliances (geappliances.com) is at the forefront of building innovative, energy-efficient appliances that improve people’s lives. GE Appliances’ products include refrigerators, freezers, cooking products, dishwashers, washers, dryers, air conditioners, water filtration systems and water heaters. General Electric (NYSE: GE) works on things that matter to build a world that works better.