PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Eden Prairie, MN, United States, 2012/08/22 - GE Capital Fleet Services announced the launch of a new eco-focused website that provides access to the company’s depth of knowledge regarding alternative fuels and related sustainable products (NYSE: GE) - GEFleet.com. NYSE: GE
The new website provides interactive tools that allow visitors to learn more about how GE Capital Fleet Services helps customers reduce costs, improve fleet performance and increase productivity via alternative fuel strategies. Highlights include:
• A video presentation focusing on GE’s Vehicle Innovation Center, a state-of-the-art facility dedicated to the alternative fuel vehicle experience;
• An interactive Learning Center featuring an alternative fuel locator app and guides, resources and news for drivers, fleet managers and businesses;
• An overview of GE’s WattStation™ technology and associated smart grid products and services;
• Built-in accessibility to GE’s Intelligauge tool, an easy-to-use online app that calculates current and projected fuel costs and CO2 emissions;
• Educational videos demonstrating the benefits of alternative fuel vehicles and infrastructure solutions.
“Our new, enhanced eco website presents users with an interactive and educational experience that shows how our green solutions can help optimize customers’ fleets,” said Deb Frodl, chief strategy officer for GE Capital Fleet Services and global alternative fuels leader for GE. “GE’s global depth of knowledge around alternative fuel vehicles allows us to tell the story of sustainability in fleet management from a unique perspective.”
“Our goal is to create a web experience that puts current and prospective customers in the driver’s seat of the total alternative fuel vehicle experience,” said Jadine Starmer, web product manager. “We continually strive to identify ways to help our customers preserve capital and look to greener solutions by use of the latest technologies and interactive tools.”
The launch of the interactive website follows the May 31st 2012 opening of GE’s world-class Vehicle Innovation Center at the company’s Fleet Services headquarters in Eden Prairie, Minnesota. The center provides current and prospective customers the ability to test drive and learn about the latest advancements and innovations for alternative fuel vehicles, via an on-site test track and education center.
About GE Capital, Fleet Services
GE Capital Fleet Services (gefleet.com), based in Eden Prairie, Minn., is a global fleet management company with operations in the United States, Canada, Europe, Japan, Australia and New Zealand. Visit the website or follow the company’s eco news and updates via Twitter (@GEFleetSvcs).
GE Capital offers consumers and businesses around the globe an array of financial products and services. For more information, visit gecapital.com or follow company news via Twitter (@GECapital). GE (ge.com) works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works.