PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Austin, TX, United States, 2012/08/14 - National Instruments released the 8-slot NI 9154 MXI-Express RIO expansion chassis and the 4-slot NI 9146 Ethernet RIO expansion chassis - NI.com. NASDAQ: NATI
• CompactRIO expansion chassis now include two new options that offer connectivity to industrial sensors through NI C Series mixed-signal-conditioned I/O modules.
• The 8-slot NI 9154 MXI-Express RIO expansion chassis is designed for applications that require high channel counts, increased throughput, and custom signal processing and control, such as rapid control prototyping, hardware-in-the-loop test and complex research applications.
• The 4-slot NI 9146 Ethernet RIO expansion chassis helps engineers easily add C Series mixed-signal-conditioned I/O to any PC or Ethernet network and is ideal for cost- and time-sensitive distributed monitoring or control applications.
CompactRIO expansion chassis scale the breadth of the C Series platform to applications requiring hundreds or even thousands of I/O channels. Engineers can gain full control of the field-programmable gate array (FPGA) capabilities inside both chassis using the NI LabVIEW FPGA Module, which enables custom inline processing, closed-loop control, synchronization, and custom timing and triggering.
“The performance, customization, and expansion potential of the CompactRIO platform makes it an excellent long-term, scalable investment,” said Albion W. Knight IV, president of Green Mountain Research, who is using CompactRIO and the MXI-Express RIO expansion system to create a next-generation missile test platform.
NI 9154 Features
• High-throughput MXI-Express x1 interface for 200 MB/s multichassis streaming bandwidth;
• Access to thousands of I/O channels from a single controller by daisy chaining multiple CompactRIO devices, NI PXI chassis, NI industrial controllers or PCs;
• Support for up to eight C Series mixed-signal-conditioned I/O modules, enabling direct connectivity to any sensor on any bus.
NI 9146 Features
• Simplified software experience, which helps engineers seamlessly add distributed monitoring and control to any Ethernet network;
• Instant access to FPGA-enabled I/O using LabVIEW from any Windows PC or LabVIEW Real-Time controller;
• Diagnostic and auto-configuration features that simplify installation, operation and maintenance;
• Low power consumption, quick startup times and rugged industrial construction.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Pricing and Contact Information
NI 9154 - Priced* from $2,299; €1,199; ¥156,000
NI 9146 - Priced* from $699; €649; ¥85,000
*All prices are subject to change without notice.