Friendly competition among customers can do wonders for brand-building, shopper engagement, loyalty and ultimately, improved sales.
Gamification is making inroads to retail and it is not about creating Angry Birds for your website. Optimizing mobile is not about seizing upon the latest, unproven technology, just for the sake of being ahead of the curve. Leveraging both these emerging opportunities is paying off for retailers that craft a strategy tailored to their value proposition and targeted customer.
Real-world examples of gamification and mobile deployments will be outlined and dissected during the RetailConnections Fall Business Executive Summit, Sept. 23-25. The event’s highly interactive, think-tank format permits senior-level retail executives to ask peers the hard questions whose answers lead to fresh thinking. The Summit gets under way at Hotel del Coronado, near San Diego, and speakers include:
• Leeann Fecho, Marketing Manager, Emerging Media, Loyalty, Follett Higher Education Group, who will reveal how their loyalty program’s gaming features encourage competitive and collaborative play to drive engagement, loyalty and conversion in “Loyalty Marketing, Customer Engagement & Other Omnichannel Challenges”
• Gil Luria, Managing Director, Equity Research, Wedbush Securities, who will examine m-wallet products taking a lead and emerging options that could shake up the mobile payments landscape.
• Aashish Chandra, DVP, Application Modernization, Sears Holdings Corp.,“Building an Agile Enterprise”
• Dan Smith, CIO, Hudson’s Bay Company,“ROI”
• Tom DeCaro, EVP, Supply Chain, Michaels Stores,“Leading Leadership Traits”
• Bill Bass, Co-President, CMO, Orchard Brands,“Baby Boomers, Big Profits”
• Michael Cairnes, President, Artistree, custom business division of Michaels Stores,“Innovate & Take Your Business Global”
• Ed Jankowski, SVP, GM, North America, Godiva Chocolatier
• Dave Remer, CEO, Creative Director, remerinc,“What’s Wrong in Retail?”
• Lora Cecere, CEO, Supply Chain Insights,“Evolving Role of the Physical Store”
• Gary Preston, Managing Partner, Preston|Reffett, and former CAO of Ahold USA, will lead a workshop on “Retaining Critical Talent”
• Stuart Silverman, Founder, Impact Simulations, will lead a workshop on “Staff Turnover: Fixable or Baked into the System?”
“Our ingredients for success are the high caliber of retailers who participate, the diversity of executive suite titles and the interaction that happens among everyone attending. Through continual sharing of experiences and perspectives, everyone gains business insights, makes important new connections and becomes better at what they do,” said Marc Millstein, president and founder, RetailConnections.
The RetailConnections Fall Business Executive Summit will focus on customer engagement, mobile marketing/commerce/payments, ROI, branding, leadership and strategies to heighten the shopper experience in-store, online and across all channels.
Registration for the Fall RetailConnections Summit is limited to 75 retail executives. Attendance is complimentary for qualified retail executives. Registration is via our website.
For more information, contact Marc Millstein (914) 620-5947 marc[.]retailconnections.com or visit our website. For sponsorship opportunities, contact LuAnn Hallberg, (814) 516-4965 luann[.]retailconnections.com
RetailConnections (retailconnections.com) serves senior retail executives by hosting events that provide exceptional learning and networking. We believe the value of establishing new business relationships in person far outweighs other forms of communication. In this era when knowledge from all retail departments is intertwined, events that bring together top-level management from every function area deliver the greatest business insights.