PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Sainte-Claire, Québec, Canada, 2012/07/10 - PCM INNOVATION, the leader in manufacturing prototypes, molds and specialized tooling, announces that it has acquired the Montreal based engineering firm BRT Solutions - PCMinnovation.com.
PCM INNOVATION acquires the Montreal based engineering firm BRT Solutions in order to significantly increase its engineering services to clients in the aerospace and transportation industry.
BRT Solutions specialized in the design of all types of fixtures and assembly workstations for aerospace OEMs. The integration of the Montreal based engineering firm will permit PCM INNOVATION to consolidate its position as a prominent strategic partner to clients - delivering turnkey projects from prototyping to launching manufacturing product lines.
The PCM INNOVATION team now totals nearly 100 employees. Its technical core of 40 engineers and tool designers have expertise on all major CAD technology platforms : Catia, Siemens NX, Creo (Pro/ENGINEER) and SolidWorks.
This acquisition confirms PCM INNOVATION’s position as the Canadian Leader for Tooling Solutions in the Aerospace and Transportation Industry, considering its size, expertise, technologies and capacity to work as an integrator for major product development projects.
BRT Solutions will now exist under the name PCM INNOVATION and the integration of both companies will take place in the next few weeks. The current Montreal team will be fully preserved and will continue to grow within the world’s third largest city aerospace cluster (Montreal).
About PCM INNOVATION
PCM INNOVATION (pcminnovation.com) is a world-class leader in the design and manufacturing of prototypes, molds and specialized tooling. The company offers integrated and turnkey solutions for innovation and product development. Its customers work in advanced composites for aerospace and also in transportation, wind energy, marine and recreational products.
PCM INNOVATION holds many certifications to ensure the excellence of their products and services, such as the international aerospace standard AS9100 revision C, the quality management standard ISO-9001, welding standards CWB and AWS as well as, the Canadian Military Controlled Goods accreditation.
• Development of a unique molding technique for the manufacturing of carbon fiber satellite antennas for MDA.
• Molds manufacturing for the Airbus A380 pilot cabin program.
• Mandrel manufacturing for the composite fuselage program of Bombardier Aerospace.
• Composite molds manufacturing of the Bell 429 helicopter (Bell-Textron).
• Molds manufacturing for composite parts of the next generation Montreal subway train for Bombardier Transportation.
• Molds manufacturing for composite parts and short run composite production for Proslide, the world leader in water parks.
• Manufacturer of the prototypes, molds and tooling for Lion Bus ( the first school bus in North America made out of composites ).
Adding to the achievement list above, BRT Solutions brings 46,000 engineering hours yearly to its renowned clients:
• GE Aviation