PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, Greater London, United Kingdom, 2012/07/10 - In 2011 the cement market in Russia valued US$14.6 billion, and by the end of 2016 it is projected to value US$20.9 billion - BRICdata.com.
The Russian cement market follows the trend of the country’s construction market, during both the review and forecast periods. The cement market recorded a significant reduction in production and demand when the global financial crisis hit the Russian economy from late 2008 onwards. Many impending construction projects were suspended, and the cement market was adversely affected. The cement industry in Russia grew at a CAGR of 6.70% during the review period. During the review period, the cement clinker category was the largest cement type and accounted for 34.5% of the total cement industry. The growth is primarily attributed to the government’s spending on infrastructure and the growing residential and commercial construction market. Wet cement manufacturing is the dominant production process for cement in Russia. Most plants in Russia are dated and in need of modernization, and the wet process also involves substantial energy input. Most new companies setting up plants in Russia are therefore opting for dry process plants. The Russian cement market comprises more than 50 cement manufacturers. The largest companies in the industry include JSC Eurocement Group, Sibirsky Cement, Lafarge, Alpha-Cement (a subsidiary of Holcim), Novorosstcement and the Park Group.
Key highlights of this title
• During the review period, the cement clinker category was the largest cement type and accounted for 34.5% of the total cement industry;
• Factory-made mortars is projected to be the fastest-growing category over the forecast period with a CAGR of 8.68%;
• Cement clinker will continue to be the largest cement category over the forecast period, followed by ready-mixed concrete;
• The construction boom has led to heavy use of electricity for cement production in the country. To cater to this demand, companies have been using technological support to enhance productivity and ensure a continuous supply of electricity;
• Production in almost all cement plants across the country increased in 2011. Some of the new plants that were launched in 2011 include the YUUGPK factory in the Urals and the LSR-CT plant (a subsidiary of LSR Group) in the Leningrad region.
• This report provides a comprehensive analysis of Russian cement industry;
• It provides historical values for the Russian cement industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period;
• It offers a detailed analysis of production capacity, consumption, imports and exports of cement;
• It details the regulatory framework for Russian cement industry;
• It covers an exhaustive summary on key trends, drivers and issues affecting the Russian cement industry;
• It details the competitive landscape in Russian cement industry;
• Analysis of market entry, growth and operational strategies of key players.
• Make strategic business decisions using top-level historic and forecast market data related to Russian cement industry;
• Assess the growth opportunities and industry dynamics by knowing production capacity, demand, imports and exports figures;
• Identify the key market trends and opportunities;
• Assess the competitive landscape in the Russian cement Industry market enabling the formulation of effective market-entry strategies.
Product code: CN0510MR
BRICdata (bricdata.com) specializes in the provision of strategic intelligence on emerging markets that helps suppliers in developed markets identify, pursue and achieve growth opportunities.