PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Twyford, Berkshire, United Kingdom, 2012/06/22 - LETN, the leading IT specialists, warn businesses of the spiralling costs and inefficiencies of data proliferation. Without NetApp’s innovative new storage strategies, companies will be losing time, productivity and money - LETN.co.uk.
By some estimates, a typical business file will be replicated over 1,000 times during its lifetime, causing massive problems for the systems which have to manage and store a company’s data. It is a situation which Steve Denby, Sales Director at LETN sees all too often.
“As files are copied and shared between employees they start to weigh down the system. In addition, many people hang on to files which should really be deleted and nowadays more of these involve video and other storage-hungry media. This is sending data storage costs through the roof and making business IT slow and inefficient.”
LETN predicts the situation will only get worse, but offers revolutionary applications which will help companies slash their storage needs whilst maximising the efficiency of data operations, as Steve Denby explains.
“NetApp’s storage efficiency is all about taking the maximum amount of data and storing it in the smallest possible space. These virtualised tools give system managers entirely new levels of control over storage, turning mountain ranges of data into molehills.”
The key NetApp tools are:
• FlexClone – Creates virtual copies of files, which can be used in a variety of functions whilst only taking a fraction of the storage space used by the original file.
• DeDuplication – Eliminates duplicated data at block level (4KB), enabling the original data to be used across numerous applications without unnecessary copies.
• SnapMirror – Allows more efficient storage of duplicate data for backup and disaster recovery. By only updating new data changes, the cost of storage and bandwidth can be cut by up to 95%.
LETN believes these tools are invaluable to business and point out the considerable benefits brought by using NetApp technology:
• Dramatically reduces network usage and storage costs;
• Minimises demands on system resources;
• Enables data to be accessed instantly across a wide range of users;
• Simple to install and manage, with many automated functions;
• Comprehensive safeguards against data loss.
The explosion in data proliferation is only going to continue and LETN predicts the companies which take action now are the ones which will be best placed for the future.
Steve Denby sums the situation up. “In the business world, information is power. Unfortunately, it is also costly. Companies which fail to manage their information efficiently will find the very data they hoped would give them a cutting edge is actually dragging them down. NetApp’s storage efficiency tools ensure this data is an asset, not a liability.”
LETN Solutions (letn.co.uk) has provided Managed Support, Professional Services and Hosting Services since 2005. The company was formed to specifically address the needs of small and mid-size organizations requiring intelligent design, implementation and support for leading-edge technologies.
Today LETN offers advanced infrastructure solutions based around Private and Public Cloud solutions for mid-market and enterprise level organisations. We have designed and continue to support infrastructure for Primary Care Trusts, Hospitals, Car Manufacturers, Banks, Borough Councils, Housing Associations, Media & Publishing Businesses, Finance Houses, Legal Partnerships and Accountants.
The focus of our organisation has always been the objectives of our clients, not only the technology available. We have helped many customers achieve cost savings, drive efficiency and gain a competitive edge.
For further information please contact:
Steve Denby, LETN Solutions
T: +44(0)11 8907 0070 - E: sdenby[.]letn.co.uk.