GWC, the company behind the Global Mobile Internet Conference (GMIC), the largest mobile Internet conference in Asia, announced that it would hold its first GMIC Silicon Valley conference in the San Jose Convention Center on October 19th-20th. The event will bring together an expected 5,000 mobile executives, entrepreneurs, investors, and developers from around the word.
GMIC Beijing this past May played host to over 5,000 attendees from 32 different countries and speakers such as David Roberts (CEO, Popcap Games), Phil Libin (CEO, Evernote), Pony Ma (CEO, Tencent), Naveen Tewari (CEO, InMobi), Mike McCue (CEO, Flipboard), and Robin Li (CEO, Baidu).
GMIC SV (gmic-sv.com) promises to bring the same influential agenda as its sister conference in Beijing with an even greater focus on the global mobile Internet industry – talks from the industry’s most influential leaders, a startup competition (G-Startup), a developer conference (AppSpace), a private industry leader meeting (G20), and exhibitions from the world’s hottest mobile companies.
“We will work with many local and global partners to create great content for mobile developers worldwide,” said David Cao, President of Great Wall Club (US).
In addition to partners, the GMIC SV Advisory Board will consist of very influential mobile industry leaders who will steer the GMIC SV conference to be relevant to the needs of mobile executives, developers, entrepreneurs and investors from Silicon Valley and around the world.
Advisory Board for GMIC SV:
• Ouriel Ohayon, CEO, AppsFire
• Steven Goh, CEO, Mig33
• Christopher Kassulke, CEO, HandyGames
• Ajay Mishra, Co-Founder, MobileIron
• Jeff Haynie, CEO, Appcelerator
• Vijay Sharma, Chairman, One97 Communications
• Abhinav Mathur, CEO, Spice Mobile
• Jeff Clavier, Managing Partner, SoftTech VC
• Lei Jun, CEO, Xiaomi
• Fritz Demopolous, Managing Director, Queens Road Capital
• Danny Wirianto, CEO, Mindtalk
• Akio Tanaka, Managing Partner, Infinity Venture Partners
• Chris Dury, CEO, Getjar
• Victor Tong, Managing Director, Webplus Ventures
• Yu Yongfu, CEO, UCWeb
• Brewer Stone, Managing Director, Pacific Crest Securities
• Benjamin Joffe, CEO, Plus 8 Star
• Richard Robinson, President, Youlu
• Eric Setton, CTO, Tango
• Diana Moldavsky, CRO, Zeptolab (Cut the Rope)
• Jack Jia, Partner, GSR Ventures
• Liu Chengmin, EVP, Tencent
• Sanjiv Parikh, Former VP, HTC
• Jonathan Flesher, VP, Zynga
• Ken Gullicksen, VP, Evernote
• Tim Chang, Managing Direct, Mayfield Fund
• James Shen, VP, Qualcomm
• Terrance Phillips, VP, Silicon Valley Bank
• Atul Satija, VP, InMobi
• Duncan Logon, Founder, RocketSpace.
The conference where Rovio (Angry Birds) and Evernote officially launched their products in China is coming this October to the U.S., and it will be the largest mobile Internet event The Valley has ever seen.