PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
São José dos Campos, São Paulo, Brazil, 2012/06/11 - Nelson Krahenbuhl Salgado was named President of Visiona Tecnologia Espacial S.A., today - Embraer.com. NYSE: ERJ; Bovespa: EMBR3
With head offices in the Technological Park of São José dos Campos, in the State of São Paulo, Visiona’s initial objective is to be involved in the Brazilian Geostationary Satellite program for meeting the satellite communication needs of the Federal Government, including the National Broadband Program and a wide spectrum of strategic defense transmissions.
Visiona will also assume the leadership of the Space Technologies Development Center, working in a partnership with the Nation’s most important aerospace education and research institutions, and accelerating the capability of Brazil’s space industry. Embraer holds 51% of the capital of the company, and Telebras controls the remaining 49%.
Nelson Salgado has an engineering degree, with a Ph.D. from England and an MBA in corporate management from the Getúlio Vargas Foundation, in São Paulo. Since he came to Embraer in 1987, Salgado has participated in structuring the development program for the EMBRAER 170/190 family of jets, and he was responsible for such corporate areas as Strategic Planning, Economic and Financial Planning, Comptrollership and, more recently, Mergers and Acquisitions. In the latter function, he has represented Embraer in negotiations to expand its business portfolio by acquiring shares of the capital of other companies, in both Brazil and abroad.
“The challenge of leading and helping to build this new phase of Brazil’s space program is a great opportunity. Especially, in a context where one seeks to add the business acumen of Embraer to the knowledge developed by Brazil in this area,” said the new President of Visiona.
Follow Embraer on Twitter: @EmbraerSA
Robert Stangarone - E: rstangarone[.]embraer.com.
Cell: +1 954 260 9939 / T: +1 954 359 3101 / F: +1 954 359 4755
Europe, Middle East and Africa
Hervé Tilloy - E: herve.tilloy[.]embraer.fr.
Cell: +33 6 0864 3545 / T: +33 1 4938 4530 / F: +33 1 4938 4456
Tracy Chen - E: tracy.chen[.]bjs.embraer.com.
Cell: +86 139 1018 2281 / T: +86 10 6598 9988 / F: +86 10 6598 9986
Shorbani Roy - E: shorbani.roy[.]sin.embraer.com.
Cell: +65 9794 2401 / T: +65 6305 9955 / F: +65 6734 8255.