PTMs found in histone “tails” (amino termini) such as acetylation, methylation and phosphorylation affect chromatin structure and exquisitely regulate gene expression.2-7
The use of synthetic histone peptides containing PTMs has helped unraveled some of the mysteries of PTMs and their interaction with downstream effectors. For example, the use of 15-20 amino acid long histone peptides containing biotin either on the N or C-terminus used in pull-down assays has advanced the understanding of these epigenetic relationships.8-9
At AnaSpec, EGT Group, we are pleased to be a source of premium quality amino acids, whether Fmoc or Boc protected, for PTM peptide synthesis. In addition to PTM lysines and arginines, Fmoc protected phosphorylated D and L-serines and threonines are also available.
1. Walsh, CT. et al. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 44, 7342 (2005).
2. Grunstein, M. et al. J. Cell Sci. Suppl. 19, 29 (1995).
3. Strahl, BR and CD Allis, Nature 403, 41 (2000).
4. Strahl, BD. et al. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. 96, 14967 (1999).
5. Jenuwein, T. and CD. Allis Science 293, 1074 (2001).
6. Sterner, DE. et al. Microbiol. Mol. Biol. Rev. 64, 435 (2000).
7. Lachner, M. et al. J. Cell Sci. 116, 2117 (2003).
8. Protocol Online protocol-online.org/.
9. Wysocka, J. Methods 40, 339 (2006).
AnaSpec, EGT Group
AnaSpec, Eurogentec Group (anaspec.com) is a leading provider of integrated proteomics and genomics solutions™ for worldwide life science research. AnaSpec offers expertise in peptides, detection reagents, antibodies, assay kits, amino acids, oligonucleotides, and qPCRs. AnaSpec carries a broad product line of biochemicals and reagents for basic research, high-throughput screening and drug discovery. AnaSpec also provides premier custom services including peptide synthesis, antibody production, assay development, fluorescent dyes, and oligonucleotide synthesis. AnaSpec is certified to ISO 9001:2008.