Asigra Inc., a leading Cloud Backup Recovery and Restore (BURR) software provider since 1986, announced the results of its Backup Modernization Survey, which discovered that a majority of enterprises are considering replacing their current backup system with cloud backup. The survey, conducted and validated by an independent research firm, also revealed that enterprises plan to update their current backup systems over the next 18 months, citing the increasing volumes of data to protect and the need for faster recovery times as prime business drivers.
“The survey results validate something that we have seen in the market over the past few years,” said Eran Farajun, EVP, Asigra. “Enterprises, across all industries, are recognizing the value of cloud backup and recovery. As companies have to manage and protect increasingly large amounts of data, the need to recover data quickly after any data loss event is a major motivator to switch to the cloud. Utilizing the cloud for backup and recovery helps enterprises align their backup and recovery needs with their business objectives.”
Tweet This: Majority of enterprises are ready for cloud backup and recovery survey reveals - goo.gl/PGr9B
The survey results also revealed concerns that enterprises have about backup and recovery are split almost evenly across three factors: fast data recovery, secure data protection, affordability and reliability.
“These are common concerns that almost every business has when it comes to backup and recovery,” said Farajun. “That’s why it’s important for enterprises, and all companies looking for backup and recovery, to make sure they make the right choice when selecting a backup solution. Companies need to do an internal assessment and determine what their recovery time objectives are for their data – what data needs to be restored immediately and what data can be restored later without causing too much disruption. They also need to determine what the cost is for recovering both young and old data. It’s a useful exercise that will benefit companies in the long run, especially when they engage with a cloud backup services provider to determine service level agreements that support business continuity.”
TechValidate, an independent research firm, conducted the survey about backup modernization on behalf of Asigra to a range of enterprises across different industries. The third party, validated survey results reveal that:
· 66% of respondents are considering cloud backup (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 8D5-53D-F5B)
· 62% of respondents are considering a new approach to backup/recovery in the next 12-18 months (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 304-1F4-6B1)
· 59% of respondents cite increasing volumes of data to protect as a business driver to modernize backup (Source: TechValidate. TVID: DD5-7CC-8B7)
· 54% of respondents cite faster recovery times as a reason to modernize their current backup procedures (Source: TechValidate. TVID: DD5-7CC-8B7)
· 23% of respondents are concerned with faster recovery times for backup and recovery (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 676-BB6-1C3)
· 25% of respondents are concerned with secure data protection for backup and recovery (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 676-BB6-1C3)
· 25% of respondents are concerned with reliability for backup and recovery (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 676-BB6-1C3)
· 25% of respondents are concerned with affordability for backup and recovery (Source: TechValidate. TVID: 676-BB6-1C3)
Follow Asigra on Twitter at: twitter.com/asigra
To See A Presentation Of The Survey Results, please go to: slideshare.net/Asigra/asigra-backup-modernization-survey-slide-share
Asigra (asigra.com) is the leading cloud computing software vendor focused on backup, recovery and restoration with more than 550,000 global installations. Asigra Cloud Backup™ transforms the way businesses manage and protect their data by delivering seamless end-to-end data protection that efficiently scales and easily adapts to any IT environment. With more than 26 years of experience as backup/recovery pioneers, Asigra manages one of the largest business-class backup service provider ecosystems in the world who power their cloud backup services using Asigra technology and provide hands-on local service. Asigra is recognized by both Gartner and Forrester as a top cloud storage vendor. Asigra Cloud Backup™ was recently named “Product of the Year” by Storage Magazine and Asigra was recently awarded a 5-Star rating in the CRN Magazine’s 2012 Partner Program Guide, named a CRN 2012 Channel Chief, and also named a Best Channel Partner for 2012 by Business Solutions Magazine. Asigra is headquartered in Toronto, Canada, with offices globally.
Asigra and the Asigra logo are trademarks of Asigra Inc. All other brand and product names are, or may be, trademarks of their respective owners.
Agency Contact: Greg Devine. Asigra
P: 416-36-8111 x1453 - E: gregory.devine[.]asigra.com.