PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Taipei, Taiwan, 2012/05/25 - The UC-8481 is a compact computer designed for multiple-WAN wireless routing. This dual character makes it a cost-effective solution that allows customers to replace two complex network appliances with a single, effortless solution.
Moxa’s UC-8481 is a compact RISC-based mobile computer designed with strong wireless routing capabilities. Featuring a built-in GPS module, HSPA+ cellular and 802.11n wireless modules, independent power switches on its cellular module connectors, and high thermal tolerance, the UC-8481 is fully EN 50155 compliant. This makes it ideal for managing wireless connections in cross-operator environments like one finds in rolling stock or other vehicular applications.
• Accepts multiple wireless modules for cross-operator applications or further expansion;
• Independent, software-controlled power switches on the cellular modules protects system integrity and performance;
• The rugged thermal design with high performance wireless modules meets or exceeds the strictest EN 50155 requirements.
• Intel XScale IXP435 533 MHz processor;
• 512 MB DDR2 SDRAM;
• 32 MB NOR Flash onboard (read-only root operating system);
• 512 MB NAND Flash, expandable up to 1 GB (for read-write directory mounts);
• Fanless, rugged design for rolling stock applications that demand EN 50155 compliance;
• Extra Wi-Fi and cellular slots for cross-operator networking expansion;
• Wi-Fi, cellular, and GPS modules for full communications mobility;
• Independent, software-based power control of cellular modules;
• Ready-to-run, fully open embedded Linux/GNU operating system;
• -25 to 70°C wide temperature models available.
Moxa (moxa.com) manufactures device networking products for industrial automation. Information about all Moxa products, which include industrial embedded computers, industrial Ethernet switches, serial device servers, multiport serial cards, embedded device servers, and remote I/O servers, is available on Moxa's corporate website.