PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Parma, Italy, 2012/05/23 - National Instruments announced the LabVIEW Electrical Power Suite, a new toolkit specific to the power industry (Nasdaq: NATI) - NI.com. NASDAQ: NATI
• With the NI LabVIEW Electrical Power Suite, engineers can combine standard IEC, EN and IEEE algorithms with the custom capability of NI LabVIEW system design software and NI reconfigurable I/O (RIO) hardware.
• Engineers and scientists can now develop a custom three-phase power monitoring, metering or quality analysis application using LabVIEW.
• Using this toolkit, engineers can integrate power measurements with temperature, pressure, sound, vibration and control I/O for a complete monitoring system.
National Instruments today announced the LabVIEW Electrical Power Suite, a new toolkit specific to the power industry. With this toolkit, engineers can combine an NI CompactRIO system for power measurement with over 50 signal and sensor modules.
Quote: “In the rapidly changing landscape of electrical power, traditional measurement hardware either offers limited functionality or requires a level of system design expertise that just isn’t practical to keep pace,” said Owen Golden, vice president of the energy segment at National Instruments. “The LabVIEW Electrical Power Suite and CompactRIO help engineers effectively monitor and meet today’s challenges with a fully programmable, modular, field-upgradable set of tools – which our customers see as a significant advantage.”
LabVIEW Electrical Power Suite Features
• Industry-standard power analysis for graphical system design – Create systems that combine power measurements with other sensors and signals.
• Full, streaming access to raw, time-based waveform data – Implement diagnostic algorithms that may be unique to a local power service.
• Ready-to-run example programs – Integrate power analysis functions such as energy, frequency, voltage unbalance and event detection into a full test or monitoring system.
About National Instruments
Since 1976, National Instruments (ni.com) has equipped engineers and scientists with tools that accelerate productivity, innovation and discovery. NI’s graphical system design approach to engineering provides an integrated software and hardware platform that speeds the development of any system needing measurement and control. The company’s long-term vision and focus on improving society through its technology supports the success of its customers, employees, suppliers and shareholders.
Pricing and Contact Information
NI LabVIEW Electrical Power Suite (ni.com/power)
Priced* from $999; €1,049; ¥135,000
*All prices subject to change
CompactRIO, LabVIEW, National Instruments, NI and ni.com are trademarks of National Instruments. Other product and company names listed are trademarks or trade names of their respective companies.