Corporate Risk Solutions, Inc. (CRSI), a wholly-owned subsidiary and premier security consulting firm of Corporate Enterprise Security, Inc., will host a webinar on Monday, June 11, 2012 at 1:00 pm Central. The webinar will focus on the CIP-002 Version 3 versus CIP-002 Version 4 and the Version 4 implementation schedule. Ronald Spicer, Senior Security Consultant of CRSI, will discuss the difference between a Risk Based Assessment Methodology and the Bright Line Criteria. Ron Spicer will also highlight the identification of Critical Assets.
Date: Monday, June 11, 2012
Time: 1:00-2:00 PM CENTRAL
Topic: CIP-002 Version 3 versus CIP-002 Version 4
Presenter: Ronald Spicer, BSEE, MSEE, PE, NERC Certified Reliability System Operator, Senior Security Consultant of Corporate Risk Solutions, Inc.
Ronald Spicer, BSEE, MSEE, PE, NERC Certified Reliability System Operator
Senior Security Consultant
Professional Experience / Credentials
• 31+ years of demonstrated experience with Regional Transmission Organization (RTO) activities, Control Center Operations, Project Development, Project Management and Technical Training.
• Previously served as a Senior Control Center Operator, Senior Level Engineer and Manager for a large Investor-Owned Utility with responsibilities that included:
o Compliance to the NERC Reliability Standards.
o Dispatch of the 6,000+ MW generation fleet to meet load demand for two Control Areas.
o Utilized rapid decision making to effectively and reliably meet all operating contingencies. Many critical operations decisions are required to be made in 15 minutes or less.
o Project Developer for peaking unit and combined cycle installations.
o Expert in EMS applications, notably AGC.
o Managed procurement and implementation of Transaction Management, Meter Data and SPP EIS Market Support Systems.
• Established record developing projects that have significant impact to corporate earnings and practices.
• Experienced working with subject matter experts to learn their processes, understand their needs, and develop new products and processes.
• Recognized strength in all aspects of project development including: scope definition, team selection, vendor selection, contracts, project implementation and end-user training.
Certifications / Education / Training
• Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Kansas State University
• Master’s of Science in Electrical Engineering (MSEE), University of Missouri
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE), Kansas – License #13342
• NERC Certified System Operator, Reliability – Certificate #RC201002029
• Successfully Completed the NERC Fundamentals of Auditing Training Coursework
Past & Present Professional Affiliations & Continuing Education Engagements
• Served on multiple committees (EPRI Reliability, SPP MITF, SPP CWG, OATI Steering Committee, ABB User Meeting Chair).
• Actively participated in the development of the CPS1 and CPS2 Reliability Standard.
• Technical presentations at various conferences (Non-conforming Loads, Jointly Owned Unit Control, Neural Net Load Forecasting, SPP Market Evolution, webTrader Back Office applications).
CRSI (corprisk.net) is a wholly-owned subsidiary security consulting firm of Corporate Enterprise Security, Inc. CRSI specializes in NERC operational and CIP Compliance (693 and 706), as well as cyber and physical security solutions to the energy and government sectors. CRSI has provided consulting services to more than 100 electric utilities across all eight (8) NERC regions and is also under contract by NERC Regional Entities for Audit Support. Email: info[.]corpenterprisesec.com.