eClinicalWorks®, a market leader in ambulatory clinical systems, today announces that College Park Family Care Center, the largest non-hospital owned multi-specialty group in the Kansas City-area, has chosen eClinicalWorks comprehensive electronic health records (EHR) solution for its 91 providers across 12 locations. Designed to improve communication with access to real-time information, this initiative will aid the group in pursuing quality of care initiatives, including Meaningful Use and Patient-Centered Medical Home™ (PCMH) recognition.
“College Park Family Care Center is focused on providing quality and compassionate care to all of our patients,” said Chuck Chambers, administrator for College Park Family Care Center. “We chose to change our system to eClinicalWorks due to its successful track record with multi-specialty health centers and the great support it provides. Using this system, we believe we will be able to improve care for our patients and meet our goals of accomplishing meaningful use and in being recognized as a Patient-Centered Medical Home.”
eClinicalWorks includes features and templates customized for more than 50 specialties and sub-specialties to aid multi-specialty groups, including College Park Family Care Center, in standardizing on an EHR that is beneficial to all those represented. The system also helps providers take advantage of provisions in the HITECH Act, which authorizes the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) to impart a reimbursement incentive for physician and hospital providers who demonstrate the “meaningful use” of an EHR.
“The comprehensive nature of eClinicalWorks and breadth of our customers makes us a great fit for multi-specialty practices,” said Girish Kumar Navani, CEO and co-founder of eClinicalWorks. “We look forward to working with College Park Family Care Center to improve patient care and assist in reaching its goals of becoming meaningful users and gaining PCMH status.”
As part of eClinicalWorks’ comprehensive EHR solution, College Park Family Care Center will implement the following:
• eClinicalWorks EMR/PM enables clinicians to manage patient flow, immediately access patient records in-house or remotely, electronically communicate with the referring physicians and securely send consult notes and clinical data;
• eClinicalWorks Patient Portal allows patients and doctors to communicate securely via the Internet;
• eBO® performs clinical and financial analytics;
• eClinicalMobile® permits College Park Family Care Center physicians to access the system at any time through their smart phone;
• eClinicalMessenger® acts as a messaging service that utilizes Voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) to enable physician practices to send messages, in batches or singularly, to patients for aspects of care. This includes appointment reminders, lab results, diagnostic imaging and statements; and
• eClinicalWorks P2P™ provides practice-to-practice, provider-to-provider communications in a peer-to-peer environment.
About College Park Family Care Center
College Park Family Care Center has approximately 50 Family Practice providers and 40 other specialists, including Allergy and Asthma, Dermatology, General Surgery, Neurology, OB/GYN, Orthopedics, Pain Management, Physical Therapy, Podiatry, and Sports Medicine. Seven family practice offices serve Johnson County, Kansas, with Urgent Care services offered 7 days a week at the College and Quivira location. Specialty providers as well as advanced Imaging services are located at the Mastin office just off of I-435 and 69 highways.
eClinicalWorks® (eclinicalworks.com) is a privately held leader in the ambulatory clinical systems market. The company’s comprehensive electronic health records and practice management solution is proven for every market segment: large practice groups, including Massachusetts eHealth Collaborative (MAeHC) and the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, as well as medium, small and solo practices regardless of specialty. The company enjoys high profitability with a five-year compounded growth rate of more than 100 percent year-to-year. With an established customer base of more than 180,000 providers and 370,000 healthcare professionals across all 50 states, eClinicalWorks has been awarded multiple top industry honors including being named to the Inc. 5000 for the past five consecutive years. Based in Westborough, Mass., eClinicalWorks has additional offices in New York City, Chicago, California, and Georgia.