PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Berlin, Germany, 2012/05/08 - SOFTPRO demonstrates its latest innovations in electronic signature software and hardware at CeBIT Australia in Sydney’s Darling Harbor in Hall 5, Booth S 12 - SOFTPRO.de. NASDAQ & LSE: KFX
The SOFTPRO team at CeBIT Australia shows best practice examples of trustworthy integration of handwritten signatures in digital processes. Almost 600 exhibitors at Australias largest ICT show are expected to attract around 30,000 visitors.CeBIT Australia plays an important role in the company history of "The Signature Professionals".
In 2011 SOFTPRO's CTO Alain Sarraf demonstrated trustworthy E-Signing on iPads using SignDoc Mobile in a beta version for the first time in the world.
In 2012 SOFTPRO returns with the latest version of what became one the most popular E-Signing Apps for business users of iPads and Android Tablets, winner of the Popular Choice Award in the Samsung Galaxy Challenge and qualifying SOFTPRO for being named Gartner Cool Vendor.
Presentations in CeBIT Showfloor Theatre
SOFTPRO SVP Sales Asia KT Tan will present daily at 11:45 am in the Showfloor Theater in hall 2 about "Taking Signatures Seriously on iPad & Co.". His presentation about "E-Signing on Tablets" introduces visitors to CeBIT Australia about several aspects of using tablets for document processing in business such as
• relevant biometric signature characteristics for provision of authenticity
• how the signing experience on touchscreens may be improved when using styluses
• the role of photos as part of an Electronic Signature
• which best practice examples are already available for Signing on iPad
• the overall trend to use a stylus in combination with a tablet
• which tablets offer the best signing experiences
• comparing the tablet screen sizes of some selected tablets suitable for business usage
• latest tablet trends
• how to avoid that signing on tablets remains a silo solution in an enterprise
• how to detect truly professional Signing Apps enterprises can rely on safely
• relevant standards for signature capturing and storage
• which app has been identified as "Popular Choice" for E-Signing in particular
• where to download free E-Signing Apps for iOS (= iPad) and Android.
The implementation of truly paperless, E-Signature enabled processes, results in:
• Trustworthy e-Signing with Handwritten Signatures for a smooth transition from paper to e-documents;
• Familiar: the client signs on a Signature Pad or iPad instead of paper, optionally in conjunction with PKI;
• Straight-through workflow process, reducing mistakes caused by data transfer from paper to digital;
• Reduced operational costs and faster ROI (example of savings banks: 9 months amortization time);
• Time-stamping of signed documents & hash algorithm sealing for content integrity and non-repudiation;
• Improved standardization, categorization, automation and traceability;
• Contribution to the durable green economy.
The SOFTPRO experts will be happy to answer any questions of visitors to the show about what they always wanted to know about capturing, managing and verifying signatures. In addition they enable hands-on experiences to achieve insights on how to:
• Integrate E-Signing in digital workflows in a trustworthy manner - proven to be secure and user-friendly;
• Choose the best suiting solution out of a signature platform which supports the broadest array of signature capturing devices like Tablets (Apple iOS & Android), SignPads, Nomadic devices and Kiosk systems;
• Successfully deploy E-Signing projects within the finance, insurance or other industry eco system.
Broadest choice of devices for trustworthy signature capturing
Wacom’s Electro-Magnetic Resonance (EMR) technology is known to provide best quality in signature capturing. Visitors of the show may experience E-Signing at Softpro's booth on a broad array of devices like Wacom signature tablets, Wacom Interactive Pen Displays as well as tablet kiosks, smartphones and tablets with Wacom Penabled technology inside such as the first smartphone with an active Wacom digitizer - Samsung Galaxy Note.
Handwritten Signatures in the Digital Workflow
It is easy to understand why more and more companies integrate handwritten signatures in electronic processes using SignDoc-- Handwritten signatures offer what Personal Identification Numbers (PINs) or other Biometrics such as finger prints cannot provide:
• Signatures are a non-intrusive proof of intent;
• Signatures are culturally accepted and understood;
• Signing is the most personal way for authentication;
• The invisible biometric characteristics of signatures such as the different levels of writing pressure cannot be spied out.
These are reasons enough for more and more companies to take signatures seriously. Softpro's SignDoc allows these companies to trust in the authenticity and integrity of electronic documents signed with the handwritten signature.
Brief Profile of SOFTPRO - The E-Signature Professionals
The SOFTPRO Group is a world leader in developing and marketing products and solutions for the digital capture, management and verification of handwritten signatures.
Softpro's fastest growing line of business is E-Signing solutions. Softpro produces E-Signing software that ranges from Software Developer Kits to a complete platform for Web-based signing. The products are compatible with a wide range of devices for signature capture - including basic pen pads, Tablet PCs as well as iPad and slate computers. E-Signing solutions have proven to lower daily costs, accelerate business processes, eliminate errors, and protect documents against manipulation. E-Signing with SOFTPRO is environmentally friendly and thus supports Green initiatives and corporate social responsibility programs.