PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2012/05/01 - New Release of Oracle WebCenter Sites Enables Organizations to Transform Online Experiences, Increasing Customer Acquisition, Brand Loyalty and Business Success (NASDAQ: ORCL) - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
To help organizations transform the online experiences they can offer to their customers, Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle WebCenter Sites.
The new release of Oracle WebCenter Sites helps organizations drive customer acquisition and brand loyalty by simplifying the creation, management and optimization of interactive and social experiences.
Oracle WebCenter Sites is a best-in-class web experience management solution that is part of Oracle WebCenter. Oracle WebCenter offers capabilities for engaging customers and enabling and empowering employees and partners, including web experience management, portals, enterprise content management and enterprise social collaboration technology.
Driving Business Success with Online Customer Engagement
The new release of Oracle WebCenter Sites includes features that help organizations optimize customer engagement via web, mobile and social channels.
New authoring capabilities include:
• A new business-user website authoring environment that provides a modern interface with intuitive tools and drag-and-drop capabilities that fit the way marketers and line-of-business teams work today.
• Rich search functionality and visual search results that simplify the authoring experience by making it easy for users to locate the content they wish to use, and place it into the context of the webpage.
Social login, social sharing and user-generated content enhancements include:
• Out-of-the box integration with more than 20 social networks, including Facebook Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google, which removes barriers to site visitor registration and facilitates social interaction by enabling visitor authentication based on social network credentials.
• The integrations also provide social sharing capabilities that help organizations extend the reach of their brands and promote engagement by making it easy for site visitors to automatically disseminate site content of interest to their Facebook page, Twitter feed, or more than 20 other social networks.
• New user-generated content (UGC) capabilities that make it quick and easy for marketers to create and deploy polls on their websites or add new ratings widgets such as Thumbs Up/Down, Like It or Recommend, and more. These additions complement an already strong offering in the product for UGC including comments, ratings, reviews, and blogs, all with leading enterprise moderation capabilities.
“Acquiring new customers and sustaining their loyalty over the long term is increasingly dependent upon an organization’s ability to deliver rich and engaging online customer experiences,” said Kumar Vora, senior vice president, Product Development, Oracle WebCenter. “With the new release of Oracle WebCenter Sites, Oracle is putting powerful tools in the hands of business users and marketers for creating online experiences that are relevant, social and interactive for site visitors. Oracle WebCenter continues to lead the way in helping organizations to engage customers and empower their business through its combination of web experience management, enterprise content management, portal and collaboration technologies.”
“Our website is the heart of our business,” said Blane Nelson, systems architect, Ancestry.com. “The latest enhancements to Oracle WebCenter will make it easier for our business to deliver an engaging and interactive experience for our customers that we hope will exceed their expectations and keep them coming back to make more discoveries in their family’s history.”
“As the web becomes a core aspect of an organization’s business strategy, marketers increasingly need tools that help them use the web to engage customers with targeted and social experiences that reach from the company’s web presence to the social networks on which individuals choose to spend their time,” said Melissa Webster, vice president, Content and Digital Media Technologies, IDC.
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Simon Jones, Blanc and Otus
P: +1 415-856-5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.