Oracle today announced a major new release of Oracle’s JD Edwards World.
Oracle’s JD Edwards World A9.3 extends the flexibility and reliability of Oracle’s JD Edwards World by introducing enhanced financial, distribution, manufacturing, reporting, human capital management and technology foundation systems.
By enhancing application control and reporting, streamlining processes and improving visibility, the new release delivers actionable information that helps enable customers to further reduce costs and increase control.
Oracle’s JD Edwards World is a scalable and flexible enterprise resource planning (ERP) system that helps customers manage plants, inventories, equipment, finances and people as a synchronized, integrated whole.
As a validated application suite for the IBM i platform, JD Edwards World applications are integrated and pre-bundled on a single database, with a Web-enabled architecture.
Increased Flexibility, Strength, Simplicity and Consistency
With significant enhancements to application capabilities and infrastructure tools, Oracle’s JD Edwards World A9.3 enables customers to benefit from application and reporting enhancements, streamlined processes, improved control and process visibility, and expanded localization capabilities.
Application and reporting enhancements include:
• Enhanced sub ledger accounting capabilities which include new definable rules that give customers additional information about the source and use of funds.
• A new flex accounting option for all programs that creates journal entries in the manufacturing accounting system.
• Support for PDF export and XML import through JD Edwards World Import/Export that combined with improved integration with Oracle Business (BI) Intelligence Publisher, improves reporting and interoperability capabilities.
• Advanced pricing support and integration which improves usability and streamlines the production of professional looking price lists, catalogs and invoices.
Streamlined processes include:
• A new World interface feature which improves interoperability by enabling any application that can be accessed by a URL to be defined and displayed through the use of generic function key exits.
• Improved direct ship and transfer order distribution that processes support better service level agreements with customers.
• New accounting capabilities which help customers doing business in the European Union (EU) meet regulatory requirements by processing taxes between the shipping and selling branches on an inter-branch order.
• Integration with Vertex® Payroll Tax Q Series that helps customers manage the extreme complexities inherent in payroll taxation.
Improved control and process visibility is enabled by:
• Role-based security capabilities that enhance the simplicity, flexibility and strength of JD Edwards World security, while a new security workbench simplifies and streamlines maintenance.
• Approval management capabilities for purchase requisitions and payroll timecards which increase control over time and labor entries.
• Manufacturing work order activity rules that provide an additional layer of control over how and when changes are made to the status of a work order.
• Bill of lading and shipping document capabilities that enable customers to automatically assign and store bill of lading numbers for later reference.
Reports that compare general ledger transactions with the item ledger to enhance the inventory/general ledger reconciliation process.
Expanded localizations include:
• Support for localizations and translations across 18 countries, including Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, the EU, Spain, and Mexico.
“Oracle’s JD Edwards World has a long track record of client satisfaction that is built on providing customers with the scale, flexibility and capabilities needed to support their businesses as they grow,” said John Schiff, vice president Oracle and general manager JD Edwards World. “The latest release of JD Edwards World underscores our commitment to offering the latest manufacturing, financial and HCM capabilities on a flexible and reliable technology platform. With application and reporting enhancements, streamlined processes, improved control and process visibility, and expanded localization capabilities, JD Edwards World A9.3 will help customers reduce costs and increase control.”
“With the constantly changing business environment, it is essential to have a flexible and reliable technology platform to be competitive,” said Rohana Meade, vice president and CIO, QubicaAMF. “Oracle’s JD Edwards World has long delivered these capabilities to its customers and the latest release includes substantial enhancements especially in the distribution and manufacturing applications which are quite impressive.”
About Oracle Applications
Over 65,000 customers worldwide rely on Oracle's complete, open and integrated enterprise applications to achieve superior results. Oracle provides a secure path for customers to benefit from the latest technology advances that improve the customer software experience and drive better business performance. Oracle Applications Unlimited is Oracle's commitment to customer choice through continuous investment and innovation in current applications offerings. Oracle's next-generation Fusion Applications build upon that commitment, and are designed to work with and evolve Oracle's Applications Unlimited offerings. Oracle's lifetime support policy helps ensure customers will continue to have a choice in upgrade paths, based on their enterprise needs.
Oracle (oracle.com) engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
+1.415.856.5155 - sjones[.]blancandotus.com