PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Noida, Uttar Pradesh, India, 2012/04/19 - Although it’s clear that the market for healthcare products are poised for robust growth, a strong and reliable cold chain logistics infrastructure will be critical for the sector’s development - IMARCgroup.com.
Imagine a truck carrying extremely temperature sensitive vaccines during the summer months of India when day temperatures can exceed 40-45°C. If such a vehicle has to cross a state border, it may take anywhere between a few to 24 hours to enter the next state. If the vehicle doesn’t have the provisions to store and maintain these vaccines at their ideal temperature levels (generally 2-8°C) then such a scenario would render them completely useless and even worse, will lead to serious health problems to the patient that is being administered that vaccine. Not just vaccines, but almost all biopharmaceuticals and a significant amount of clinical trial materials are extremely temperature sensitive, and as a result, have well defined needs for packaging, storage and transportation.
A recent report released by IMARC Group (imarcgroup.com), one of the worlds’s leading research and advisory firms, reveals that while it’s clear that the market for healthcare products is poised for robust growth, a strong and reliable cold chain logistics infrastructure will be critical for the sectors development. The report which has done a comprehensive analysis on the global healthcare cold chain logistics industry, expects this market to reach revenues worth US$ 9.5 Billion by 2016.
The report entitled “Global Healthcare Cold Chain Logistics Market Report & Forecast (2011-2016)” provides an analytical and statistical insight into the logistic opportunities in the global healthcare market. The study that has been undertaken using both desk based as well as qualitative primary market research has analyzed three aspects of the global healthcare cold chain logistics market.
The first aspect involves the quantification of the global market for temperature sensitive healthcare products into three major classes and evaluation of the current and future opportunities in each of these classes. The second aspect involves an in-depth understanding on the global healthcare cold chain distribution process and logistic requirements for various temperature sensitive healthcare products. The third aspect involves the quantification of the global healthcare cold chain logistic services market and a comprehensive evaluation of its various segments.
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
• What are the key factors driving the growth of the global healthcare cold chain logistics market?
• What are the challenges faced by the global healthcare cold chain logistics market?
• What is the total size and breakup of the global healthcare cold chain logistics market?
• What is the current and future size of healthcare cold chain products?
• What are the current and future cold chain opportunities in the global biopharmaceutical market?
• What are the current and future cold chain opportunities in the global vaccines market?
• What are the current and future cold chain opportunities in the global clinical trials market?
• What are the various methods used for cold chain packaging and transportation?
• What are the total costs involved in cold chain logistic services and how is it different from non-cold chain logistic services?
• Which regional markets will show the highest growth in the coming years?
• Which cold chain healthcare segments will show the highest growth in the coming years?
• Who are the key players in the global healthcare cold chain logistics market?
What we have achieved in this report:
Comprehensive Market Analysis of Temperature Sensitive Healthcare Products:
Classes Covered: Biopharmaceuticals, Vaccines & Clinical Trial Materials
Focus of the Analysis in Each Class:
• Drivers and challenges
• Historical sales trends
• Logistic requirements
• Impact of temperature excursions
• Opportunities in cold chain services
• Market outlook (2011-2016).
Understanding the Operations of a Healthcare Cold Chain Distribution Process
Focus of the Analysis:
• Understanding the various methods of cold chain distribution and their advantages/disadvantages;
• Understanding the cold chain requirements for various temperature sensitive healthcare products and the impact of temperature excursions;
• Understanding the various costs involved in cold chain transportation and comparing it with non-cold chain transportation;
• Understanding the key steps required in the setting and organization of an efficient cold chain distribution process.
Comprehensive Analysis of the Healthcare Cold Chain Logistic Services Market
Focus of the analysis:
• Quantifying the global healthcare cold chain logistic services market;
• Quantifying the market size by product;
• Quantifying the market size by service;
• Quantifying the market size by region.
Information has been sourced from both primary and secondary sources:
• Primary sources include industry surveys and face to face/telephone interviews with industry experts.
• Secondary sources include proprietary databases and search engines. These sources include company websites and reports, books, trade journals, magazines, white papers, industry portals, government sources and access to more than 4000 paid databases.
To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:
IMARC Group Asia
E: apac[.]imarcgroup.com - P: +91-120-425-6531
IMARC Group North America
E: america[.]imarcgroup.com - P: +1-631-791-1145
IMARC Group Europe, Middle East & Africa
E:ema[.]imarcgroup.com - P: +44-702-409-7331