PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, Greater London, United Kingdom, 2012/04/13 - High spending on infrastructure construction, especially in China, drove the recovery of the Russian mining industry in 2010 - BRICdata.com.
The BRIC (Brazil, Russia, India and China) countries play a dominant role in global mining industry in terms of reserves, production as well as consumption. BRIC countries mining industry posted a healthy growth during the review period and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. Iron ore is noted as the leading mineral across all the BRIC countries with China emerging as the leading consumer and producer of mineral in the world. In Brazil, iron ore accounts for 75% of the county’s total mining exports and China represents the largest importer, accounting for 45% of Brazilian iron ore exports. This over dependence on China can create serious concerns for Brazilian iron ore producers. Brazil is a key producer of iron ore, bauxite, kaolin and phosphate globally while Russia is the largest producer of nickel and diamonds globally. India is one of the principal producers of coal, iron ore, bauxite, limestone and barites. Apart from iron ore, China is the world’s largest producer of manganese, salt and gypsum.
Key highlights of this title
• In volume terms, total mineral production in Brazil increased at a CAGR of 3.63% during the review period 2007-2011. The growth of key end-user markets such as the steel industry, construction, specialty paper, fertilizers, manufacturing and power is expected to continue to drive the demand for minerals between 2012 and 2016. Minerals production is projected to grow at a CAGR of 13.32% over the period 2012-2016.
• High spending on infrastructure construction, especially in China, drove the recovery of the Russian mining industry in 2010, and the Russian government announced plans to increase state expenditure for mineral resource exploration to US$23 billion by 2020. Russian mineral production increased by 5.9% in 2011 over the previous year. The growth was primarily driven by rising domestic demand from end-user markets. The mining industry is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.35% over the forecast period, to reach 699.4 million tons in 2016.
• In terms of volume, India’s mineral production grew at a CAGR of 4.88% during the period 2007-2011 and is forecast to grow at a CAGR of 7.90% during the period 2012-2016
• In 2011, the fuel mineral category – specifically – coal dominated the Chinese mining industry, accounting for almost a 75.9% share of total production. It is expected to maintain its dominance during forecast period. Iron ore dominated the metallic mineral category, which accounted for 21.9% of total mining production.
This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the mining industry in BRIC countries:
• It provides historical values for the BRIC mining industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
• It offers a detailed analysis of production, consumption, imports and exports of key minerals in terms of volume as well as value
• It details the regulatory framework for the mining industry in BRIC countries
• It covers an exhaustive summary on key trends, drivers and issues affecting the mining industry
• Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in mining industry of BRIC countries
• The scope of this report is primarily confined to coal, two major metallic and two non-metallic minerals which constitute a major part of a country's total mining industry.
• Gain insights into the mining industry of BRIC countries
• Identify the key market trends, opportunities and challenges in BRIC countries
• Assess industry structure and competitive landscape for key minerals in each BRIC country separately, enabling the formulation of effective market-entry strategies
• Assess the growth opportunities and industry dynamics by knowing production, consumption, imports and exports figures for key minerals in each BRIC country both in terms of volume and value
• Analyze the regulatory environment governing the mining industry in BRIC countries, enabling to identify the options available to enter the market by analyzing the business environment in each nation.
Product code: MN0035MR
BRICdata (bricdata.com) specializes in the provision of strategic intelligence on emerging markets that helps suppliers in developed markets identify, pursue and achieve growth opportunities.