PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Dallas, TX, United States, 2012/03/20 - The iaedp Foundation’s Symposium 2012 brings together world-class educators for the latest research and innovative techniques for eating disorder professionals - iaedp.com.
The iaedp Foundation’s Symposium 2012, the 26th annual eating disorders professional conference, kicks off this week, March 22–25 in Charleston, S.C. This year the conference expects its largest turnout ever for a week packed with inspiring, new presentations and continued learning.
“Symposium 2012 is setting a precedent for inspired excellence by offering many firsts in this year’s presentations. We have had a phenomenal response from excited registrants and are delighted to kick off this conference,” said Bonnie Harken, managing director at The iaedp Foundation.
Highlights for this year’s Symposium include:
• Over 40 new and provocative concurrent workshops offered by world-class eating disorder treatment experts and field professionals.
• A one-night-only exclusive presentation of the award-winning off-Broadway family musical NOR*MAL, a touchingly brilliant story that confronts eating disorders head-on while promoting the timelessness of hope and survival.
• An extraordinary panel of keynote speakers, that includes groundbreaking author Jean Kilbourne, who will lead a discussion based on her award-winning book, So Sexy So Soon: The New Sexualized Childhood.
• The International Relations Committee (IRC) hosts several events including the 2012 International Forum at a Special Lunch Program with the theme,"Food for Thought–The Relevance of Cultural Issues in Treating Eating Disorders."
• The second annual Imagine Me Beyond What You See Body Image Mannequin Art Competition and Awareness Project will display 12 submissions from treatment centers and private practices from around the nation. This awareness-through-art project encourages reflection on the perception of beauty.
Registration is still open for Symposium 2012 at iaedp.com/.
Since 1985, the International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals has provided education and training standards to an international and multidisciplinary group of various healthcare treatment providers and helping professions. iaedp is excited about Charleston as the site for iaedp Symposium 2012! Enjoy this incredible city during its Historic Home and Garden Week while experiencing the conference many of our attendees call "the best eating disorder conference" in the field. For more information, visit: International Association of Eating Disorders Professionals.