PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
London, Greater London, United Kingdom, 2012/03/15 - Mining production posted a healthy growth during the review period (2007–2011) and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period – BRICdata.com.
Mexico plays a significant role in global mining industry in terms of reserves, production as well as consumption. Mining production posted a healthy growth during the review period and the trend is expected to continue over the forecast period. Future growth is expected to be driven by the expansion of end-user markets such as the construction, manufacturing and power generation industries, which is expected to increase demand for coal, iron ore and cement. Silver is noted as the key mineral in Mexican mining industry, in terms of value, and the country is the second-largest producer of silver in the world. Iron ore is the major mineral in terms of volume with other key minerals being copper, fluorspar, salt, molybdenum and barites. The US is the major export destination for majority of Mexico’s key minerals.
Key highlights of this title
• Over the forecast period, coal production is expected to accelerate to a CAGR of 8.71% to reach a projected value of 42.5 million tons in 2016.
• During the review period, iron ore production recorded a CAGR of 3.93%.
• Mexico accounted for 6.98% of global silver reserves in 2011.
• Mexico is the world’s second-largest producer of fluorspar and production grew at a CAGR of 3.73% during the review period
• Salt production grew at a CAGR of 1.17% during the review period and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 1.89% over the forecast period
• This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Mexican mining industry
• It provides historical values for the Mexican mining industry for the report’s 2007–2011 review period and forecast figures for the 2012–2016 forecast period
• It offers a detailed analysis of production, consumption, imports and exports of key minerals in terms of volume as well as value
• It details the regulatory framework for the mining industry in Mexico
• It covers an exhaustive summary on key trends, drivers and issues affecting the mining industry
• Using Porter’s industry-standard “Five Forces” analysis, it details the competitive landscape in mining industry of Mexico
• The scope of this report is primarily confined to coal, two major metallic (iron ore and silver) and two non-metallic minerals (fluorspar and salt) which constitute a major part of the country's total mining industry.
Reasons to Purchase
• Gain insights into the Mexican mining industry – the economy shaping the global mining industry
• Identify the key market trends, opportunities and challenges
• Assess industry structure and competitive landscape for key minerals, enabling the formulation of effective market-entry strategies
• Assess the growth opportunities and industry dynamics by knowing production, consumption, imports and exports figures for key minerals both in terms of volume and value
• Analyze the regulatory environment governing the mining industry, enabling to identify the options available to enter the market by analyzing the business environment.
Product code: MN0039MR
BRICdata (BRICdata.com) specializes in the provision of strategic intelligence on emerging markets that helps suppliers in developed markets identify, pursue and achieve growth opportunities.