PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Boston, MA, United States, 2012/02/24 - Vice Presidents and Directors of Big Pharmas – Amgen, AstraZeneca, Boehringer Ingelheim, Bristol-Myers Squibb, Janssen, Merck, Novartis, Novo Nordis, Pfizer, Roche, Sanofi and many more will speak at the 2nd Diabetes Summit - GTCbio.com.
The Big Pharma executives will come together to meet and collaborate with various biotech companies, other pharmaceutical companies, venture capitalists, investors, non-profits, academia, government affiliates, etc. Their discussions will focus on key issues and trends in the field of diabetes as well as winning strategies in partnering, licensing and deal-making.
Benefits of the discussions:
1. Meet with key representatives and high level Big Pharma executives in the field of diabetes;
2. Learn about current partnering opportunities, funding opportunities, the diabetes regulatory environment;
3. Hear from several up and coming diabetes companies about their pipeline, new therapeutic targets, novel technologies and partnering availabilities;
4. Hear from Big Pharma on their partnering trends, winning licensing strategies, and recent deals;
5. Participate in lively discussions about partnering opportunities with Big Pharma, academia and non-profits such as Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation [JDRF].
With more than 400 drug candidates for diabetes in active development and in light of the recent US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidance to assess cardiovascular risk in clinical trials, the burden to develop novel drugs is greater and the barrier for success has become higher than ever. What will be the next block-buster drug target for T1DM and T2DM? How does the recent FDA guidance affect our approach to develop new medications for diabetes? How do different size companies adapt the best strategy to be competitive in this field?
Come and join other diabetes experts at GTC’s 2nd Diabetes Summit and hear key thought-leader's opinions to these questions and many more. This important meeting will be held on April 19-20, 2012 in Boston, MA. The conference will bring together the leading experts on diabetes from both industry and academia to discuss novel targets for diabetes, lessons to learn from current clinical drug development, and business strategies and opportunities under the current regulatory landscape.
The 2nd Diabetes Summit will consist of 2 tracks:
• 5th Diabetes Drug Discovery and Development;
• 2nd Diabetes Partnering & Deal Making.
For more information, please visit gtcbio.com/.