PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
San Clemente, CA, United States, 2012/02/09 - The panel discussion on the web will offer you a realistic study of outstanding IP developments and best practices for IP development, protection and enforcement while outsourcing/offshoring - KPOconsultants.com.
Global Outsourcing Association of Lawyers, (GOAL), is delighted to announce its next web conference “Global Intellectual Property (IP) Offshoring Panel Discussion – Trends and Challenges in IP Offshoring” – 15 Feb 2012 On the Web
Pankaj Parnami, Founder-Director, GOAL says that the web conference will provide the attendees, a practical analysis of notable IP developments and best practices for IP development, protection and enforcement while outsourcing/offshoring. Top industry experts like George Romanik, Former Intellectual Property Counsel at Pratt & Whitney, USA; Monica Winghart Executive Vice President and General Counsel, Article One Partners, USA; Jim Harlan, Senior Vice-President & General Counsel, Xtera Communications, Inc., USA; Andrew Berger, Counsel, Tannenbaum Helpern Syracuse & Hirschtritt LLP, USA; Dirk Thomas, Principal, McKool Smith, USA and Jane Lambert, Head of Chamber, NIPC Law, UK will be on the virtual Dias to share ideas and experiences in the web conference which includes topics like:
• Assessing the relevance of IP on shoring and/or offshoring;
• Learning the ways to control legal expenses of IP department with strategic budgeting;
• Evaluating the types of services and projects more suited to outsourcing than others;
• Evaluating the opportunity that exists in the IP industry across a wide spectrum of small to large organizations in different markets;
• Ethical and legislative issues in IP outsourcing/offshoring;
• Addressing the scope and limitations of IP outsourcing/offshoring;
• Identifying and managing risks associated with IP outsourcing/offshoring;
• IP litigation and role of IP outsourcing support services;
• Leveraging IP in Telecommunication Industry and role of outsourcing support services;
• Monetizing the IP through licensing, joint ventures, sales and related transactions.
The web conference will be held on February 15 2012 at 9:00 am PST/11:00 am CST/12:00 pm EST/5:00 pm GMT/10:30 pm IST
GOAL focuses to bring together legal industry leaders such as law firm partners, general counsels, LPO service providers and other potential stakeholders in the LPO industry to share practical experiences in the growing phase of this industry. GOAL aims to build a community of global lawyers and outsourcing experts for the exchange of ideas, guidance, training, best practices, and offers. For further details and to access the podcast of this webinar, visit the site.