PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Fremont, CA, United States, 2012/01/30 - AnaSpec, EGT Group is pleased to announce the release of the industry first fluorimetric Factor Xa activity assays - The SensoLyte® 520 Factor Xa Assay Kit and the SensoLyte® Rh110 Factor Xa Assay Kit - Anaspec.com / Eurogentec.com.
The SensoLyte® 520 Factor Xa Assay Kit employs a FRET (5-FAM/QXL™ 520) substrate and the SensoLyte® Rh110 Factor Xa Assay Kit, a substrate labeled with the fluorophore, Rh110. Both substrates are fluorescent substrates emitting in the green range of 520 nm, with excitation at 490 nm. The longer-wavelength spectra of 5-FAM and Rhodamine 110 provide greater sensitivity and less interference from other reaction components, making these kits ultra-sensitive. The detection limit of the SensoLyte® 520 kit can reach as low as 7.8 ng/mL while the SensoLyte® Rho110 reaches as low as 0.31 ng/mL.
Key highlights for AnaSpec’s new SensoLyte® Factor Xa Assay Kits:
• Kits optimized to detect Factor Xa enzyme activity
• Fluorometric, long wavelength (Ex/Em=490/520 nm) read-out assays
• Minimal autofluorescence
• Kits provide ample reagents to perform 100 assays in a 96-well plate format
• Assays can be completed in one hour.
Factor Xa (FXa) is a serine endopeptidase composed of two disulfide-linked subunits. FXa leads to blood clot formation by converting prothrombin to thrombin through the prothrombinase complex. FXa is generated from zymogen Factor X via the intrinsic and extrinsic pathways and is the rate-limiting step in the propagation of thrombin generation. In the presence of Ca2+ ions, FXa forms prothrombinase with factor Va on the phospholipid membrane of the activated platelets.1-3 FXa has emerged as an attractive target for drug discovery for thromboembolic diseases.4,5
1. Furie, B. and Furie, BC. Cell 53:505–518 (1988).
2. Davie, EW. et al. Biochemistry 30:10363–10370(1991).
3. Mann, KG. Thromb Haemost 82:165-174 (1999).
4. Camm, AJ. and Bounameaux, H. Drugs 71:1503-1526 (2011).
5. Weitz, JI. Thromb Res 127 Suppl 2:S5-S12 (2011).
For more information, please visit anaspec.com or eurogentec.com/.