PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, India, 2012/01/19 - The demand for efficient storage and transportation of clinical trial materials is expected to increase robustly in the coming years - IMARCgroup.com.
The global clinical trials spending on drugs has increased significantly over the past few years driven by dwindling drug pipelines and stringent approval guidelines by regulators. IMARC Group, one of the world’s leading research and advisory firms, in its new report entitled “Global Healthcare Cold Chain Logistics Market Report & Forecast: 2011-2016” finds that with an increasing spending and globalization of clinical trials, the demand for efficient storage and transportation of clinical trial materials have increased significantly over the past few years. A large proportion of clinical trial materials such as blood samples, tissue samples, certain drug samples, etc are temperature sensitive and require efficient cold chain handling procedures in transporting them from one place to another. Any temperature excursions in the cold chain transportation of these products can make them completely useless and lead to major safety and financial consequences for the company conducting those trials.
Findings from the report also suggest that outsourcing trends in the global clinical trials industry are increasing rapidly. The increasing trends in clinical trials outsourcing is creating additional steps in the overall supply chain of clinical trial materials (drugs, blood samples, tissue samples, urine samples, sputum samples, etc). In many cases, the contract research organizations and their sponsors may be present in two different countries, this is quite evident from the fact that the number of clinical trials in many Asian, Latin American and East European countries are increasing rapidly whereas the sponsors are based in the US and Western Europe. The large distance is currently creating huge requirements for the efficient cold chain packaging, storage and transportation of clinical trial materials between the clinical trial sponsor and the contract research organization.
IMARC’s new report entitled “Global Healthcare Cold Chain Logistics Market Report & Forecast (2011-2016)” provides an analytical and statistical insight into the logistic opportunities in the global healthcare market. The study that has been undertaken using both desk based as well as qualitative primary market research has analyzed three aspects of the global healthcare cold chain logistics market.
The first aspect involves the quantification of the global market for temperature sensitive healthcare products into three major classes and evaluation of the current and future opportunities in each of these classes. The second aspect involves an in-depth understanding on the global healthcare cold chain distribution process and logistic requirements for various temperature sensitive healthcare products. The third aspect involves the quantification of the global healthcare cold chain logistic services market and a comprehensive evaluation of its various segments.
What we have achieved in this report:
Comprehensive Market Analysis of Temperature Sensitive Healthcare Products:
Classes Covered: Biopharmaceuticals, Vaccines & Clinical Trial Materials
Focus of the Analysis in Each Class:
• Drivers and challenges
• Historical sales trends
• Logistic requirements
• Impact of temperature excursions
• Opportunities in cold chain services
• Market outlook (2011-2016).
Understanding the Operations of a Healthcare Cold Chain Distribution Process
Focus of the Analysis:
• Understanding the various methods of cold chain distribution and their advantages/disadvantages
• Understanding the cold chain requirements for various temperature sensitive healthcare products and the impact of temperature excursions
• Understanding the various costs involved in cold chain transportation and comparing it with non-cold chain transportation
• Understanding the key steps required in the setting and organization of an efficient cold chain distribution process.
Comprehensive Market Analysis of the Healthcare Cold Chain Logistic Services Market
Focus of the analysis:
• Quantifying the global healthcare cold chain logistic services market
• Quantifying the market size by product
• Quantifying the market size by service
• Quantifying the market size by region.
Information has been sourced from both primary and secondary sources:
• Primary sources include industry surveys and face to face/telephone interviews with industry experts.
• Secondary sources include proprietary databases and search engines. These sources include company websites and reports, books, trade journals, magazines, white papers, industry portals, government sources and access to more than 4000 paid databases.
To buy the complete report or to get a free sample, please contact:
IMARC Group Asia
E: apac[.]imarcgroup.com - P: +91-120-425-6531
IMARC Group North America
E: america[.]imarcgroup.com - P: +1-631-791-1145