Antenna Software, Inc., helping enterprises to build, manage and publish mobile apps and websites that transform business, experienced strong business momentum in the enterprise mobility market in 2011. One driving force behind Antenna’s success this past year was the acquisition of Internet software company Volantis Systems Ltd., making Antenna the only mobile solutions provider that can provide both native and web apps, as well as mobile optimized websites, to address the needs of all users across all device platforms. Other notable milestones include ongoing customer growth, improved partner enablement, continued product innovation and extensive third-party recognition for Antenna and its Antenna Mobility Platform (AMP).
“2011 was an exceptional year for Antenna, as more enterprises embraced the transformative power of mobility across all areas of the business,” said Jim Hemmer, president and CEO of Antenna. “With the acquisition of Volantis and our focus on product innovation and the success of our customers, Antenna has positioned itself at the forefront of the industry. Our portfolio of solutions represents the most comprehensive offering for companies that want to embrace mobile as a new strategic computing platform for their businesses, and we look forward to helping more organizations accelerate growth and innovation through mobility in 2012.”
2011 Business Highlights:
• Customer Success: Antenna reaffirmed long-standing customer relationships with numerous renewals and also welcomed a significant number of new customers across key verticals and geographies to its roster in 2011, including VR Group (Finnish Railways)and Posten Logistiks AB. Existing customers such as Hallmark and Royal Bank of Scotland also completed rollouts of innovative mobile applications this year.
• Global Scale: Antenna continued expanding its global footprint by inking reseller agreements and go-to-market strategies with industry leaders Dell and HP, as well as ConSafe Logistics, Huenei, Malam Systems and Swisscom for sales acceleration in key regions.
• AT&T Partnership Success: Building on its strategic reseller relationship with AT&T, Antenna has recorded significant new business for the AT&T Mobile Enterprise Applications Platform (MEAP) including Stifel, Nicolaus & Company. In addition, Antenna managed successful roll outs of mobile apps at Amtrak and Cushman & Wakefield, to name a few.
• Product Innovation: Helping enterprises better manage the “consumerization of IT,” Antenna launched Volt, which addresses enterprises’ security and management requirements when deploying work-related mobile web apps on personal or corporate-issued iPhones and Android devices. Additionally, the company announced that the AMP Web Server now supports more than 9,000 different devices, reaffirming Antenna’s ability to support any end-user need.
• Industry Recognition and Accolades: Antenna continued to receive recognition from acclaimed industry organizations this year:
- GSMA Global Mobile Award winner for Best Mobile Enterprise Product Solution;
- Red Herring North America 100 and Red Herring Global 100 award winners;
- CTIA Emerging Technology Award finalist, Best Enterprise and Vertical Market Solution;
- AlwaysOn's Global 250 list of top emerging companies;
- MobileTrax 12th Annual Mobility Award nominee;
- Andrew Seybold Inc. Annual Choice Award finalist, Most Innovative Mobile Technology;
- Mobile Entertainment Awards finalist, Best Mobile Web Publishing Platform.
• Analyst Validation: Antenna was the only vendor strongly positioned in two “Visionaries” quadrants by Gartner, Inc., including the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Enterprise Application Platforms (MEAP) and the Magic Quadrant for Mobile Consumer Application Platforms (MCAP) report.
• Unparalleled Industry Leadership and Vision: Antenna deepened its bench of experience, with Adele Freedman joining the leadership team as executive vice president and general counsel, Graham Albutt and Gary Haroian being appointed to the company board in May, and Tom Bogan in December. Company executives were also tapped to share their expertise on mobile-related topics at All About Mobile (SIIA), Planet of the Apps, Federal Mobile Computing Summit, Enterprise 2.0 and other leading industry events.
• Community Cultivation: The company continued to grow its Mobile Masters online community, which today provides mobile-minded professionals with a forum to share insights on mobility news and issues. Antenna also introduced its Mobile Masters Executive Forum in 2011, which provides a meeting place for leading executives from a variety of industries to discuss common challenges and strategies around enterprise mobility.
• Global Expansion: Antenna further solidified its presence in key emerging markets, announcing a new office and expansion plans in Bangalore and Pune, India, respectively, and expanded engineering and operational base in Krakow, Poland, increasing headcount there by nearly 25 percent.
Antenna (antennasoftware.com) provides a complete solution for businesses to design, publish and manage mobile websites and apps across all Internet-connected devices, including smartphones, tablets, feature phones and IP TV. Only Antenna can deliver the whole spectrum of mobile experiences, from powerful apps that empower employees to be more effective to mobile-optimized websites that make it easier for consumers to do business with their favorite brands. Antenna's mobile cloud makes all the hard stuff like security, integration, performance, scalability and management look easy (even though it's not). That's why leading Global 1000 companies rely on Antenna to be their trusted mobility partner. Founded in 1998, Antenna is headquartered in Jersey City, N.J., with offices around the world.