The awards recognise expertise and excellence in the European gas industry and the finalists were announced this week. The four different categories are: LNG Project of the Year, Pipeline Project of the Year, TSO of the Year and Executive of the Year.
Executive of the Year
Stuard Bradford, Shell Energy Europe’s Head of Strategy, Marketing and Regulatory Affairs, has been nominated for the Executive of the Year Award which will acknowledge an individual who, through their dedication to the European gas industry has been pivotal in driving the industry forward. Another headline speaker at the European Gas Conference, Nord Stream Finance Director Paul Corcoran, is also a nominee. The other nominees are:
• Al Cook – BP
• Anders Eldrup – Dong Energy
• Mr. Günther Oettinger - European Commissioner for Energy
• Khalid Bin Khalifa Al Thani - Qatargas.
Pipeline Project of the Year
Nord Stream received another nomination, namely for Pipeline Project of the Year, along with rival developments Nabucco and Trans Adriatic Pipeline (TAP). The award will recognise the pipeline project which has made significant progress, gained backing and gathered momentum to offer the European gas industry security of supply in years to come.
LNG Project of the Year Award
There is also stiff competition for the LNG Project of the Year Award, which will acknowledge a successful, innovative and dynamic LNG project which has made signification contributions to the industry over the last 12 months. Finalists are: Gate Terminal B.V., Gaz Systems LNG project and Qatargas.
The TSO of the Year Award will recognise a TSO (transmission system operator) who through optimal management and coordination has contributed to the smooth functioning of internal markets and facilitated cross-border trade. The following companies have been nominated:
More speaker highlights at the European Gas Conference:
• Reinhold Mitterlehner, Federal Minister of Economy, Family and Youth, Austrian Government;
• Valery Nemov, Contract Structuring and Price Formation, Gazprom Export;
• H.Haken Unal, Expert, Gas Transmission Management, BOTAS;
• Walter Pareraer, CEO, Fluxys;
• Kjetil Tungland, Managing Director, Trans Adriatic Pipeline AG;
• Reinhard Mitschek, Managing Director, Nabucco Gas Pipeline International GmbH;
• Paul van Gelder, CEO, Gasunie;
• Sergei Komlev, Head of Directorate, Contract Structuring and Price Formation, Gazprom Export.
Event dates and location:
24 January 2012: Global LNG Day;
25-26 January 2012: Conference days;
27 January 2012: Post-conference master class;
Location: Vienna Marriott Hotel, Parkring, Vienna, Austria.