PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Redwood Shores, CA, United States, 2012/01/11 - Enhancements simplify globalization, improve security and integration - Oracle.com. NYSE, NASDAQ: ORCL
To help retailers increase operational efficiency, improve the customer experience and simplify the payment process across global markets, Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle Retail Point-of-Service.
The latest version of Oracle Retail Point-of-Service provides retailers with greater international functionality and security by providing a common and open interface that can be localized for different markets, providing integration for multiple international payment partners, and using tokenization to further secure customer card data.
The new release also delivers greater efficiency for store associates and simplifies deployments through expanded integrations with Oracle and third-party solutions.
Enabling Commerce Across Global Markets
- To simplify and consolidate payment authorization, one of the most complex and labor-intensive challenges for international retailers, Oracle Retail Point-of-Service now provides an Authorized Payment Foundation.
• The Authorized Payment Foundation is a secure and flexible application programming interface that isolates the authorization process from the Point-of-Service and enables integration with payment processing solutions from industry leaders such as ACI Worldwide and Servebase.
• Retailers that take advantage of the Authorized Payment Foundation will have a configurable, extensible and hot-pluggable localization foundation necessary to address the ever-changing requirements for payment authorization that supports payment devices and multiple gateway and switch providers around the world.
Using Biometrics to Improve Security
• Using integrated biometrics from a leading global provider of authentication and endpoint protection for access, data and communication, DigitalPersona, the latest release of Oracle Retail Point-of-Service simplifies and strengthens compliance with PCI security standards by allowing operators to login using their fingerprint.
• The biometrics features solve the operational challenge of PCI compliant passwords by replacing PINs or passwords with the touch of a fingerprint and eliminate the opportunity for an unauthorized employee to use a manager’s ID or swipe card to access the Point-of-Service or inappropriately approve an override.
Speeding Transactions and Improving Store Operations
• Oracle Retail Point-of-Service now includes image-based quick reference screens that allow a cashier to quickly view pictures or icons to easily add an item to the transaction. This eliminates the need for cashiers to consult a “Scan Book” to find item numbers, which can slow down the checkout process.
• To further improve checkout, the new release extends integration with Oracle Retail Price Management to improve the configurability of threshold-based promotions, such as,“buy two get one free” and “equal or lesser value” promotions.
• Oracle Retail Point-of-Service also now enables store managers to preview point-of-service reports at anytime, without sending the entire report to print. It also delivers user interface improvements such as more visible status and transaction totals and highlights where input is needed from the store associate.
• ACI Worldwide, DigitalPersona and Servebase are Gold level members in Oracle PartnerNetwork (OPN).
“Globalization is one of the primary sources of growth for retailers, and Oracle Retail Point-of-Service is focused on helping retailers quickly serve new markets while localizing offerings and providing a key component for cross-channel retailing,” said Mike Webster, senior vice president and general manager, Oracle Retail. “This release of Oracle Retail Stores demonstrates our ongoing commitment to lead the industry in meeting the needs of retailers now and in the future.”
About Oracle Retail
Oracle provides retailers with a complete, open and integrated suite of business applications, server and storage solutions that are engineered to work together to optimize every aspect of their business. 20 of the top 20 retailers worldwide - including fashion, hardlines, grocery and specialty retailers - use Oracle solutions to drive performance, deliver critical insights and fuel growth across traditional, mobile and commerce channels. For more information, visit our Website at oracle.com/goto/retail
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit oracle.com.
About Oracle in Industries
Oracle industry solutions leverage the company's best-in-class portfolio of products to address complex business processes relevant to Retail, helping speed time to market, reduce costs, and gain a competitive edge.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Mary Ellen Amodeo, Amodeo Associates
P: +1.612.963.5797 - E: mamodeo[.]amodeoassociates.com.