Today, Oracle announced the availability of Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3, the number one C, C++, and Fortran development platform for building fast, scalable, secure, and reliable enterprise applications for Oracle Solaris systems.
This release accelerates performance of SPARC T4 and x86-based applications up to 300 percent by leveraging Oracle’s advanced compiler technology.
Enterprise developers can use the new Code Analysis tool to quickly detect application vulnerabilities, including memory leaks and memory access violations, improving application quality and reliability.
With Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3’s built-in remote access capabilities, developers can easily create Oracle Solaris or Linux applications from Oracle Solaris, Linux, Windows, or Mac OS desktops.
Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 is optimized for both Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux operating systems and provides developers with the latest in compiler optimizations, multi-thread performance and code verification tools.
Fast, Reliable Enterprise Applications Built With Speed and Eas
Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 delivers new capabilities including:
• Compiler Suite: Advanced optimizations and code generation technology helps customers achieve up to 300 percent faster application performance compared to open source alternatives. Using Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3, developers can compile their applications 20 percent faster compared to earlier releases.
• Analysis Suite: Developers can observe their applications’ interactions with the underlying system, improving application correctness, reliability and performance. The new Code Analyzer detects common coding errors, including memory leaks and memory access errors, while the Performance Analyzer collects system-wide performance data on multiple concurrent processes and presents a graphical identification of performance bottlenecks.
• Enhanced development features: New remote development features enable the creation of Oracle Solaris or Linux applications from Oracle Solaris, Linux, Windows, or Mac OS desktops, allowing developers to remotely build, debug, run and analyze their applications. The Oracle Solaris Studio IDE now includes Oracle Database connection management, database browsing and Pro*C support for database application developers.
• New install and patch provisioning repositories built upon the Oracle Solaris 11 Image Packaging System (IPS) simplify the installation and management of Oracle Solaris Studio.
• For over a decade, Oracle Solaris Studio has offered a suite of multi-thread aware developer tools that help application writers take advantage of hardware concurrency in new multi-core systems. Oracle continues to deliver state-of-the-art optimizing compilers that simplify the creation of parallel applications. Accompanied by advanced performance, debugging, and thread analysis tools, developers using Solaris Studio can more easily create and deploy enterprise applications that exploit Oracle's latest hardware systems.
"With its cutting-edge compiler technology, Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 takes application performance on SPARC- and x86-based systems to the highest levels,” said Don Kretsch, senior director, Software Development, Oracle. “The combination of the newly released Oracle Solaris 11 and Oracle Solaris Studio 12.3 streamlines the creation of enterprise-critical applications with the security and agility necessary for public, private and hybrid cloud services.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Kristin Reeves, Blanc & Otus
P: +1.415.856.5145 - E: kreeves[.]blancandotus.com.