Oracle today announced a new release of Oracle Tuxedo 11g, the industry's #1 application server for C/C++, COBOL, and dynamic languages.
• Optimized to run on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud X2-2, the new release of Oracle Tuxedo 11g delivers a dynamic, scale out solution for high volume, low latency mission critical applications that require the highest qualities of service.
• The new release also includes Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime for IMS 11g, a new product within the Oracle Tuxedo family that helps customers substantially reduce IT costs, increase business agility and reduce risk by accelerating and simplifying the migration of IBM mainframe IMS applications to open systems.
• In addition, the release features enhancements to Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench 11g and Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch 11g, providing customers improved usability, faster migrations, greater availability, enhanced monitoring and control capabilities, and integration with Oracle Berkeley DB and COBOL-IT compiler.
• With the new release of Oracle Tuxedo 11g and new and enhanced Oracle Tuxedo products, Oracle delivers the best performing and most complete, reliable and scalable solution for developing non-Java enterprise applications and migrating legacy mainframe applications to open systems.
Extreme Scale, Performance and Cloud Enablement
Part of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g and optimized for Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, Oracle Tuxedo 11g provides mainframe-class scalability and performance on open, distributed systems for software written in C/C++/ COBOL and dynamic languages. With the new release of Oracle Tuxedo 11g customers can:
- Achieve up to 7x performance gains and improved scalability: By leveraging the optimized integration between Oracle Tuxedo 11g and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud, customers benefit from up to a 7x improvement in messaging performance for existing applications, elastic scalability to accommodate load fluctuations, simplified provisioning and integrated management delivered by a cloud environment.
- Increase database access throughput by up to 5x: The combination of Oracle Tuxedo 11g on Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud with Oracle Exadata Database Machine can deliver up to a 5x improvement in Oracle Database 11g access throughput.
- Develop next generation applications: Customers can leverage the performance and scalability of Oracle Tuxedo 11g and Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud to develop next-generation high-throughput, low-latency applications.
- Reduce deployment complexity: Customers can leverage Oracle Virtual Assembly Builder to simplify the deployment of Oracle Tuxedo 11g applications in a virtual environment.
Simplifying and Accelerating Mainframe Rehosting
• Oracle Tuxedo 11g is the premier platform for “rehosting” mainframe applications in a mainstream environment, providing mainframe compatible application runtimes and migration tools. With the introduction of Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime for IMS customers can:
- Dramatically reduce IT costs: Customers migrating IMS applications from an IBM mainframe can reduce the recurring costs of running mainframe IMS applications by up to 80 percent vs. the mainframe.
- Improve availability and resilience: Migration enables flexible, affordable high-availability and disaster-recovery configurations that support rolling upgrades and ensure non-stop operations and business continuity at a significantly lower cost.
- Reduce risk and improve competitiveness: A modern, flexible, and SOA ready open environment allows customers to maintain, extend and evolve business-critical IMS TM applications, while also improving time-to-market for business solutions, by leveraging rich integration options with Oracle Fusion Middleware, Oracle Fusion Applications and third party software.
• Enhanced release of Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime for CICS and Batch and Oracle Tuxedo Application Rehosting Workbench provide customers with:
- Ease-of-use and migration accelerators: Workbench tools and migration process are now integrated in an Eclipse environment. Customers can use new tools to map mainframe CICS resources and COBOL copybooks to the Oracle platform.
- Migration options: Customers can now use an alternate COBOL compiler, COBOL-IT Enterprise Edition, to remotely access mainframe databases and migrate VSAM files to Oracle Berkeley DB.
- Monitoring enhancements: Monitoring extensions for CICS and batch runtimes enable service level monitoring, flexible alerting and integration with Oracle Tuxedo event services. Oracle WebLogic Server 12c provides significant enhancements to help customers and partners lower their total cost of ownership and derive more value from their current application infrastructure, while accelerating the development cycle and reducing time-to-market for their applications.
“To take advantage of the scalability, flexibility and management capabilities delivered by modern computing platforms, organizations are looking for solutions that can streamline mainframe migration and modernization,” said Frank Xiong, vice president, Development, Oracle. “With the new release of Oracle Tuxedo 11g and the addition of Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime for IMS 11g, Oracle has further simplified the process by optimizing integration with Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud and simplifying the migration and modernization of IBM mainframe IMS applications. As a result, current and new customers can benefit from significant performance gains that reduce costs, increase business agility and reduce risks of disruption to business-critical applications.”
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ:ORCL), visit oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Simon Jones, Blanc & Otus
P: +1.415.856.5155 - E: sjones[.]blancandotus.com.