Logic PD, offering a smarter way to innovate for all phases of a product’s lifecycle, is leveraging its unique partner ecosystem to streamline and accelerate product innovation. Logic PD recently introduced its modular technology platform, Catalyst™, that integrates the expertise and technologies from several Logic PD partners to demonstrate the level of product innovation that is available today. Streamlining this degree of technology integration saves companies significant time and resource costs, and dramatically accelerates time-to-market for new, innovative products.
Catalyst underscores the value of Logic PD’s exceptional partner ecosystem. To access and integrate the many technologies included in Catalyst, a company would need to forge several relationships and maintain multiple points of contact. But new products based on the Catalyst concept that include some or all of its modular technologies only require one point of contact – Logic PD.
“The Catalyst platform was developed to demonstrate two critical elements for successful product innovation. First, companies must have access to the right technologies in order for a product to be considered truly innovative. And second, companies must have the key relationships to help with the integration of all those technologies,” said Dr. Scott Nelson, executive vice president and CTO, Logic PD. “What Logic PD provides is unique because we offer companies both access to cutting-edge technologies and the know-how to integrate those technologies. We can help companies cut months off their product design and development timeframes to gain significant competitive advantage.”
Logic PD integrated technologies from several of its valued partners to develop Catalyst.
- LS Research provides custom antenna design and certification services for non-cellular Catalyst derivatives.
- Touch Revolution provides pre-integrated multi-touch projected capacitive touch screen and LCD display modules.
- Cinterion provides a modular approach for incorporating the appropriate modem for a customer’s specific needs.
- Taoglas provides a comprehensive range of external, embedded and base station antenna solutions for M2M applications.
- Wyless is a Managed Services Provider (MSP) that operates global secure networks, software and systems for connecting and managing embedded mobile devices.
- Exosite provides a cloud-based data platform and web apps for building connected products - remotely access, manage and configure field-deployed devices and their data.
“Antenna design, integration and testing are major system level considerations designers often underestimate,” said Bill Steinike, CEO of LS Research. “Catalyst showcases the engineering challenges and opportunities for module based design.”
Catalyst is demonstrated through a handheld Google Android device featuring a 7-inch multi-touch display and full RF connectivity (802.11, Bluetooth®, GPS, cellular, 3G/4G) for anytime, anywhere access. The Catalyst roadmap includes Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and is based on TI’s DaVinci DM3730 ARM® Cortex™-A8 video processor.
For more information, visit the Logic PD website.
About Logic PD
Logic PD (logicpd.com) is a product innovation expert with the ability to discover, design, develop and deliver market-leading products under one roof. Logic PD’s experienced team of creative problem solvers and cutting-edge modular technology products supported by its partner ecosystem enable companies to control costs, reduce risk and deliver innovative products to market faster. The company is headquartered in Minneapolis, with offices in Austin, Boston and San Diego.