PRZOOM - /newswire/ -
Southampton, Hampshire, United Kingdom, 2011/12/09 - “Inspiring Leadership in Turbulent Times” event offers expert guidance for managers and team leaders - HighPerformanceDevelopment.co.uk.
High Performance Development, a leading UK bespoke training organisation, today announces that it will be hosting an important seminar for managers and team leaders on the topic of “Inspiring Leadership In Turbulent Times”. The two-day seminar will take place from 1st – 2nd February 2012 at New Place Conference Centre in Southampton.
The seminar will address how the best managers can keep their focus, make the correct decisions and increase productivity in today’s turbulent and ever-changing climate. The interactive two-day programme offers an opportunity for influential and successful team leaders to come together with experienced leadership development specialists to share thoughts and ideas on the best ways of approaching these challenges in today’s complex and dynamic times. The expert line-up includes a former Red Arrows pilot and Commercial Airline Captain, and a round-the-world yacht skipper from the BT Global Challenge Yacht Race. Alongside industry experts that specialise in transforming organisations teams and individuals, these speakers will bring attendees up-to-date with the latest thinking on how to lead change, gain workforce commitment, make the right decisions more confidently, inspire others, cope with issues of stress management, and use the latest experiential training methodology to improve performance and get results.
The seminar itinerary includes the following highlight sessions:
- “Seeing real change on the ground”: Real leadership means seeing your decisions through – from the boardroom to the shop floor. Leading change specialist Ruth Benson will be addressing this topical issue. Ruth will be sharing her thoughts and ideas on inspiring people to produce results during difficult times.
- “Leading teams through adversity”: To survive and stay ahead of the competition requires strong and inspirational leaders who can produce results during the hard times as well as the good times. Former Red Arrows fighter pilot Dominic Riley shares his insight into the Red Arrows’ constant drive to continually improve, and shows how these lessons can be applied in even the smallest organisation with remarkable effectiveness.
- “Leadership in the eye of the storm”: Round the world yacht skipper Mark Denton shares the leadership highs and lows of global yachting. His epic tale is highly relevant for organisations and individuals who are finding this current economic climate challenging.
- “Stressful times require strong resilience”: Are you working harder for less? Does it feel like you are burning the candle at both ends? Too many managers today are suffering from stress and burnout, and in these difficult times this is something companies can ill afford. Nutritionist and HPD Director Julie King shares thoughts and ideas on how to increase productivity, how to recognise physiological stress and addressing lifestyle habits.
- “Serious training for serious results”: Attendees will certainly get new ideas from this event, but will also need the tools to deliver them. Ruari Chisolm, Managing Director of High Performance Development, is a former Royal Marine who specialises in designing and delivering leadership and teamworking programmes. Ruari will be outlining the performance advantages of an experiential learning approach – and how all managers can benefit from it.
To register your attendance please visit highperformancedevelopment.co.uk/seminars or contact Ruari Chisolm on T: 01483 642 070 / M: 07771 968 319
About High Performance Development
High Performance Development (highperformancedevelopment.co.uk) is a training organisation that develops bespoke programmes through discussion with each client to ensure they receive targeted training to meet their requirements.
Our team of consultants bring a wealth of knowledge and experience across a wide range of training and development areas, ensuring our clients receive exceptional programmes. All HPD consultants come from diverse and interesting backgrounds such as leading teams to the South Pole, sailing around the world, climbing Everest, winning Olympic gold medals, being successful in business or being part of Britain’s elite special forces.
This allows us to bring our programmes to life with real-life inspiring examples of how what we are teaching works, especially when the going gets tough. Our team are experts at relating their experiences to our clients’ own working situations and business issues ensuring the lessons are both relevant and beneficial.
Contact: Ruari Chisolm
T: 01483 642 070 / M: 07771 968 319