For companies that want the power, features and innovation of SAP® solutions but want to align their IT spend based on a variable consumption model, CIBER is expanding its Application Management Support (AMS) for SAP® applications globally while leveraging the Cloud. Launched in January 2010 in Europe, CIBER Managed Services for SAP solutions quickly grew to serve more than 45 clients who trust CIBER to optimize the cost of support related to SAP applications while managing the hardware, software, and user support associated with an SAP solution-based enterprise.
With CIBER Managed Services in support of SAP solutions, CIBER oversees the technology platform, maintenance and end-user support of the software on a virtualized environment, freeing up the client's valuable IT resources to focus on its core business functions. The service is designed to help CIBER's clients get the most from their SAP solutions by providing the following:
• An economic and predictable consumption model;
• All the features of a true enterprise solution without being constrained by capacity, space, technological capability or resource availability;
• Elastic or variable user demand support;
• Robust and reliable measurement of service level agreements by optimizing the balance of hardware, middleware, installation, monitoring and maintenance;
• An available service support team and service desk staff that is knowledgeable in the application and best practices to provide fast and reliable support.
The offering also delivers increased up-time for services, as CIBER operates under service level agreements backed by an extensive network of redundant data centers for rapid and thorough business resilience and recovery.
Businesses may choose and configure between a variety of engagement models that can be tailored to specific needs and budgets. Clients can choose from a virtualized cloud infrastructure model, a dedicated hosted model or an on-site remote managed model. Components include data-center infrastructure, hosting services, monitoring and management, technical operations, security, technical support, functional and service-desk support, as well as infrastructure capacity. Clients also gain a dedicated service delivery manager who coordinates and manages the delivery of the agreed-upon services, reports on activities and represents the client inside the CIBER support organization.
“CIBER Managed Services for SAP applications helps ensure that clients get the value of SAP's comprehensive solutions from CIBER's delivery team of experts with extensive experience in SAP applications,” said Mike Catterall, CIBER’s practice leader for SAP in North America. “This service offering gives clients top-level infrastructure, maintenance and support at a significantly lower cost than they would pay to maintain the software in-house. It also pulls much of the software expenditure out of capital expense and into operational expense, making the investment easier to manage.”
CIBER plans to launch a host of new vertical cloud-based solutions that further enable business in 2012.
CIBER is an SAP gold channel partner and an SAP-certified global provider of hosting and application management services. Since CIBER started supporting SAP solutions in 1989, it has amassed more than 2,000 satisfied clients using SAP solutions, and the skills and experience to assist customers with all aspects of their SAP software implementations.
CIBER is also included in several IT industry vendor comparisons:
• According to the April 2011 Forrester Research Inc. report: “The Forrester Wave™: SAP Services Providers, Q2 2011”: “CIBER is best suited toward clients seeking a full outsourcing solution, particularly in public sector, utilities, retail and manufacturing.”
• The Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAP ERP Implementation Service Providers, North America, November 2, 2010, the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Help Desk Outsourcing, North America, March 29, 2011, and the Gartner Magic Quadrant for Desktop Outsourcing Services, North America, June 22, 2011. CIBER was evaluated based on its ability to execute and completeness of vision.
About Gartner Magic Quadrant
Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in our research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner's research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
About CIBER, Inc.
CIBER, Inc. (ciber.com) is a global information technology consulting, services and outsourcing company applying practical innovation through services and solutions that deliver tangible results for both commercial and government clients. Services include application development and management, ERP implementation, change management, project management, systems integration, infrastructure management and end-user computing, as well as strategic business and technology consulting. Founded in 1974 and headquartered in Greenwood Village, Colorado, CIBER has more than 8,500 employees and operates in 19 countries, serving clients in North America, Europe and Asia/Pacific. Annual revenue in 2010 was $1.1 billion. CIBER trades on the New York Stock exchange (NYSE: CBR), and is included in the Russell 2000 Index and the S&P Small Cap 600 Index.
Gary Kohn - VP, Investor Relations
P: 303. 220.0100 / E: gkohn[.]ciber.com.