Frost & Sullivan presented its prestigious, season-ending 2011 Excellence in Best Practices Awards to industry leaders and innovators drawn from Europe, Africa and the Middle East at a glittering banquet held in Frankfurt last week. 22 companies were honoured for outstanding performance across a spectrum of industries, ranging from financial management services, defence and mobile communications to automotives, security and healthcare.
“Frost & Sullivan acknowledges exceptional industry achievements and demonstration of best practices by presenting awards to top companies in regional and global markets,” said Klaus Huhn, Vice President of Consulting, Head of German Operations, Frost & Sullivan. "Awardees have demonstrated innovation, competitiveness and leadership while successfully meeting the particular demands of doing business in a volatile economic climate.”
The awards conferred over the course of the evening included those for growth leadership, entrepreneurship and excellence in market penetration. Awardees were also recognised for outstanding customer value enhancement as well as their successes in technology and product innovation.
New product innovation awardees included Ophardt Hygiene -Technik GmBH + Co. KG, Transmode, Rhein Chemie, Rototest AB, Vascular Concepts and DSM, while Merck KGaA, Symrise and Corden Pharma were lauded for their distinctive product offerings. The award for superior product line strategy was conferred on Sensus. Competitive strategy innovation was bestowed upon Zorlu Energy and MESA.
Exceptional customer-focus underpinned SITA, Orange and Aura Light International AB’s receipt of customer value enhancement awards. Yahsat picked up an award for market penetration, while Smartlogic was acknowledged for its commitment to technology innovation. Peptisyntha S.A was also awarded for enabling technology for therapeutic peptides.
Rosvodokanal snapped up a coveted Company of The Year award based on its performance in the Russian water and wastewater services market, while Capgemini capped its year with an award for excellence in globalisation. Visonic was commended for its growth leadership while Soltecture picked up an Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award for its efforts in the solar photovoltaic market.
In his keynote address on 'Top 10 Global Mega Trends', Jan Kristiansen, Director Europe, Partner & Global Head of Growth Consulting, Frost & Sullivan said: “Seismic shifts in economies, politics, culture and environment and their convergence have thrown up Global Mega Trends. These Mega Trends will take centre stage by 2020, offering a host of multiple cross-sectoral opportunities for growth, while creating a platform for new business models.”
The following is a complete list of award recipients:
• 2011 Western European Hand Hygiene Compliance Monitoring New Product Innovation Award: Ophardt Hygiene -Technik GmBH + Co. KG
• 2011 Global Food Colors Product Differentiation Excellence Award: Merck KGaA
• 2011 European Intrusion Detection Growth Leadership Award: Visonic
• 2011 European Network Performance Enhancement Solutions New Product Innovation Award: Transmode
• 2011 Global Bioplastics Additives New Product Innovation Award: Rhein Chemie
• 2011 European Personal Care Product Differentiation Excellence Award: Symrise
• 2011 Global Border Control Customer Value Enhancement Award: SITA
• 2011 European Lighting Equipment Customer Value Enhancement Award: Aura Light International AB
• 2011 Global Financial Management Services Excellence in Globalization Award: Capgemini
• 2011 Middle East Defense Market Penetration Leadership Award: Yahsat
• 2011 Russian Water And Wastewater Services Company of The Year Award: Rosvodokanal
• 2011 European Automotive Powertrain New Product Innovation Award: Rototest AB
• 2011 European Content Intelligence Technology Innovation Award: Smartlogic
• 2011 European Smart Water Metering Product Line Strategy Award: Sensus
• 2011 Western European Percutaneous Interventional Devices New Product Innovation Award: Vascular Concepts
• 2011 European Copolyester Thermoplastic Elastomers Green Excellence in Product Innovation Award: DSM
• 2011 Africa Mobile Communications Customer Value Enhancement Award: Orange
• 2011 European Photovoltaic Solar Entrepreneurial Company of the Year Award: Soltecture
• 2011 European Pharmaceutical Contract Manufacturing Product Differentiation Award: Corden Pharma
• 2011 Turkish Wind Power Generation Competitive Strategy Innovation Award : Zorlu Energy Group
• 2011 European Medical Equipment Maintenance Services Competitive Strategy Innovation Award: MESA
• 2011 European Therapeutic Peptides Enabling Technology Award: Peptisyntha S.A
Frost & Sullivan's Best Practices Awards recognise companies in a variety of regional and global markets for demonstrating outstanding achievements and superior performance in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, customer service, and strategic product development. Industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents.