Parallels®, the hosting and Cloud services enablement leader, today announced the latest release of Parallels Plesk Panel, its leading control panel tool for managing the delivery of hosted services. Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 provides several new capabilities and enhancements – including integration for Microsoft’s WebMatrix and language support for Brazilian Portuguese – that benefit both service providers as well as the end-users of hosted services. As the market’s number one server control panel, Parallels Plesk Panel is a turnkey Web hosting system that includes fully automated billing and provisioning, an integrated Web Presence Builder with integration to Social Networks including Facebook and Twitter, and access to more than a hundred Web-based applications to create unique service plans that meet a variety of customer needs.
Parallels Plesk Panel saves time creating websites, managing e-mail addresses, and deploying applications to servers, and its intuitive user interface means less work for hosters and their support staff. Hosting customers – from IT professionals, business and creative individuals, Web design studios and even novice website owners – get up to speed quickly for using Parallels Plesk Panel to manage their websites and other hosted services.
“The new features and capabilities in Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 further enhance its leading position as the hosting industry’s #1 panel choice,” said John Zanni, Vice President, Service Provider Marketing and Alliances, Parallels. “We continually listen to the feedback from our hosting partners, which help Parallels build and deliver in-demand features and enhancements based on the industry and end-user needs. Plesk 10.4 continues in our tradition of responding to the hosting ecosystem.”
One of the leading hosters for Parallels Plesk Panel is HostDime in Orlando, presently ranked among the top 50 hosts in the world with more than 2,000, 000 domains. HostDime relies on Parallels Plesk Panel, which helps them meet their objectives for providing reliable, high quality hosting with exceptional support. “Many of our customers really appreciate how easy Parallels Plesk Panel makes it to get their Web presence up and running quickly,” said Manny Vivar, VP of Global Operations, HostDime. “The new features in Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 further enhance the vast array of end-user productivity and management tools, while also providing our customers with the capabilities to make their Web presence even more dynamic. We’re pleased to be a Parallels partner, and look forward to adding even more customers and domains managed by Parallels Plesk Panel.”
New features and capabilities in Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4 include:
• Microsoft's WebMatrix support – Allows designers and developers to more deeply integrate with existing Microsoft tools like Visual Web Developer, Expression Studio, SQL Server, and ASP.net on their PCs;
• New language support for Brazilian Portuguese – In response to partners’ growing needs to service customers in Brazil, full localization support was added for Brazilian Portuguese;
• Changes in Plesk Panel Power Pack – Delivers more value to base Plesk Panel users, including new Mobile Server Management capabilities via Smart Phones and Tablets, with support for Apple iOS (iPhone, iPad), Blackberry and Android devices; plus support for Kaspersky Antivirus and Unity Mobile Websites;
• Automated upgrades with new version tree – Allows root hosters to choose how frequently they wish to upgrade their customers;
• Consolidated Small Business Panel – Mirroring the exact functionality in Small Business Panel,“Simple Mode” becomes the official upgrade path for that product and fills Parallels partners' needs for simplified testing and deployment processes;
• Four product modes, including Simple View – Users can choose different views based on their needs and levels of IT expertise. A new ‘Simple View’ mode is now available for less-skilled end-users;
• Easier customization of core components – Assigning PHP settings on a per website basis and deploying custom Apache mods to survive upgrades allows users to provide the exact server environment needed for their system.
Parallels (parallels.com) is a worldwide leader in hosting and Cloud service enablement and desktop virtualization. Founded in 1999, Parallels is a fast-growing company with more than 800 employees in North America, Europe, and Asia. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/ParallelsCloud and Like us on Facebook at facebook.com/ParallelsCloud.