As part of the event, Rovi is hosting private briefing sessions for industry executives that include demonstrations of its latest lineup of cutting-edge discovery and video delivery solutions. The new Rovi solutions are designed to help optimize and enrich cable services on existing set-top boxes and next-generation platforms, as well as tablets and smartphones.
Rovi is located in booth #1150 at SCTE 2011, being held at the Georgia World Congress Center from November 15 – 17, 2011.
SCTE News Highlights:
• Rovi announced that Buckeye CableSystem, a service provider serving Northwest Ohio and parts of Southeast Michigan, intends to deploy the Rovi TotalGuide™ Solution across multiple platforms including set-top boxes, tablets, and smartphones, enabling them to offer their customers an advanced entertainment discovery experience with cutting-edge search and recommendation capabilities on set-top boxes already in homes today. Buckeye also will deploy Rovi TotalGuide xD™, a white-label “search and discovery” application that connects and extends the cable video service access across tablets and smartphones.
• Also revealed was the news that Blue Ridge Communications, a Palmerton, Pa. cable, Internet, and phone provider, plans to deploy a “white-label” TotalGuide xD for tablets and smartphones. This will enable their subscribers to use web-connected mobile devices in and out of the home to schedule a recording, tune linear channels, start a VOD session, and when available, watch authenticated TV shows and movies.
Demonstrations at Rovi’s Booth:
• Rovi is simulating a live headend to set-top box (STB) environment to demonstrate the Rovi TotalGuide Application for STBs running on currently deployed Pace and Motorola STBs. An advanced media guide that simplifies content discovery and access to subscription services, TotalGuide for STBs helps subscribers quickly see what’s on their favorite channels, search, and browse by programs, celebrities, cast, and credits with Rovi six-degrees discovery. TotalGuide for STBs is currently expected to be integration-ready in Q1 2012.
• Rovi also is featuring the “white-label” TotalGuide xD for iPad, connected to both Rovi i-Guide™ and Passport® Guide to demonstrate remote DVR scheduling and channel tuning capabilities.
• From the same live headend, the company is running i-Guide and Passport Guide, as well as showing the latest release for these guides, plus Multiroom DVR and Remote DVR Scheduling Applications on both.
• On the EBIF front, Rovi is showing the FourthWall Media™ User Agent on the Motorola and Cisco platforms, running News, Weather, Sports, Finance, Yellow Pages™ on TV, and eBay™ on TV, interactive TV services that are integrated with the Rovi i-Guide and Passport Guide.
About Rovi Corporation
Rovi Corporation (rovicorp.com) is focused on revolutionizing the digital entertainment landscape by delivering solutions that enable consumers to intuitively connect to new entertainment from many sources and locations. The company also provides extensive entertainment discovery solutions for television, movies, music and photos to its customers in the consumer electronics, cable and satellite, entertainment and online distribution markets. These solutions, complemented by industry leading entertainment data, create the connections between people and technology, and enable them to discover and manage entertainment in an enjoyable form.
Rovi holds over 5,100 issued or pending patents worldwide and is headquartered in Santa Clara, California, with numerous offices across the United States and around the world including Japan, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, and the United Kingdom.
Forward Looking Statements
All statements contained herein that are not statements of historical fact, including statements that use the words "will" or "is expected to," or similar words that describe the Company's or its management's future plans, objectives, or goals, are "forward-looking statements" and are made pursuant to the Safe-Harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause the actual results of the Company to be materially different from the historical results and/or from any future results or outcomes expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. Such factors are further addressed in the Company's most recent report on Form 10-Q for the period ended September 30, 2011 and such other documents as are filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission from time to time (available at sec.gov/). The Company assumes no obligation to update any forward-looking statements in order to reflect events or circumstances that may arise after the date of this release, except as required by law.