Apriso, a leading provider of manufacturing software solutions, today announced a new software and services solution, Global Trace and Genealogy, referred to as GTAG™. This new Apriso offering – with open integration with other systems along the supply chain – can deliver the necessary manufacturing intelligence and product genealogy data to improve accuracy and power traceability initiatives across global manufacturing operations.
Industry research suggests a key impediment to success with product traceability initiatives is the proliferation of multiple data repositories for manufacturing product genealogy, traceability and quality intelligence, resulting in poor data accuracy and untimely access to data. Apriso has overcome this challenge with a collaborative solution built on the FlexNet platform for global manufacturing operations management. This platform-centric solution serves as a track and trace “hub” that spans the needs of manufacturers and supply chain partners. This highly flexible approach to global traceability and genealogy helps manufacturers to:
• Improve collaboration – between manufacturers and trade partners to better coordinate corrective actions, reducing manual and time-consuming tasks prone to error;
• Centralize track and trace reporting – to provide better insight into product genealogy and packaging hierarchy at any time;
• Handle high volumes of traceability data – without impacting operational performance, as data is received from plants, suppliers and logistics providers;
• Capture detailed global traceability and genealogy data automatically – from multiple sources, to help reduce risk, protect brand equity and meet compliance objectives;
• Establish unique product identification schemes – that utilize existing RFID and barcode scanning technologies, leveraging these existing investments;
• Address the escalating challenge of counterfeit products – by providing readily available, detailed product pedigrees to demonstrate product authenticity.
“Few enterprise application software providers offer a global repository for product genealogy and traceability data capable of spanning both internal systems and complex supply chain operations,” explained Chris Will, chief technology officer at Apriso. “Yet this capability is absolutely required to ensure brand protection while minimizing warranty claims, managing Maintenance, Repair and Operations (MRO) and complying with domestic and international laws required to maintain regulatory compliance. Apriso’s GTAG solution enables these capabilities.”
Ensuring brand integrity is a critical, visible benchmark of a manufacturer’s success. Apriso’s solution for global traceability provides a framework for collaboration and visibility to perform detailed quality investigations and root cause analysis. With a unified data model that captures and persists standardized data across production, quality, maintenance, inventory and along the supply chain, manufacturers can more effectively take corrective actions and perform continuous improvement that addresses both structured and unstructured quality activities and operations processes.
Apriso’s GTAG solutions will be offered with specific, industry focused best practices so as to offer more capabilities “out-of-the-box.” Initial solutions will be made available for manufacturers in the hi-tech, automotive, aerospace and defense, consumer goods and other industries.
About Apriso Corporation
Apriso (apriso.com) is a software company dedicated to helping its customers transform their global manufacturing operations. It does so by enabling manufacturers to achieve and sustain manufacturing excellence while adapting quickly and easily to market changes. Apriso's FlexNet is a BPM platform-based software solution for global manufacturing operations management. Apriso supports global continuous improvement by delivering visibility into, control over and synchronization across manufacturing and the product supply network. Apriso serves nearly 200 customers in 40+ countries across the Americas, Europe and Asia. Customers include GM, Volvo CE, Honeywell, L'Oréal, Trixell, Lockheed Martin, Bombardier, Textron Systems, MBDA, Saint-Gobain and Essilor.
Apriso and FlexNet are registered trademarks of Apriso Corporation. All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Michael Gallo, Gutenberg Communications
P: +1 (212) 239-8594 / E: mgallo[.]gutenbergpr.com.