The tastiest franchise combination of ultra-tempting Dairy Queen® treats and premium Orange Julius® fruit-blended smoothies has arrived in Cameron. The first DQ® Orange Julius® restaurant in Cameron, located at 2531 NC Highway 87 South and operated by Kangaroo Express, will celebrate its grand opening on Thursday, Nov. 17 from 2-6 pm.
Fittingly located in a Kangaroo Express convenience store location, the new DQ Orange Julius, with an inviting environment and tasty treats and beverages, has a special appeal for customers on-the-go or anyone in need of a quick treat.
In honor of the grand opening, there will be games, face painting and raffles, including a chance to win an iPod Touch, an Android tablet, and four tickets and a parking pass for a Carolina Hurricanes hockey game. Also, from Kangaroo Express fuel partner Marathon, a chance to win free gas for a year—a prize equating to $50 of fuel each week for 52 weeks. In order to enter the drawing, guests must fill out formal raffle tickets, which will be available on Nov. 17 starting at 8 am. The winner will be announced during the 5 o’clock hour of the grand opening celebration.
A check presentation ceremony will take place with donations totaling $6,500 to the American Widow Project, USO of North Carolina, Spout Springs Emergency Services, and Western Harnett Youth Recreation Group on behalf of Kangaroo Express. Guests are encouraged to take photos with military vehicles provided by the USO of North Carolina and a fire truck from the Spout Springs Emergency Services.
The DQ Orange Julius store features all of the DQ favorites, such as the famous Blizzard® Treats, MooLatté® frozen beverages, and Blizzard Cakes, as well as the full line of Orange Julius premium fruit smoothies and fruit-blended beverages. The franchise store will also have Dairy Queen’s signature Iron Grilled Sandwiches and hot dogs on the menu.
International Dairy Queen (IDQ), headquartered in Minneapolis, Minn., develops licenses and services a system of more than 5,600 Dairy Queen® stores in the United States, Canada and foreign countries, offering dairy desserts, hamburgers, hot dogs and beverages. IDQ (dq.com) is part of the Berkshire Hathaway family, a company owned by Warren Buffett, the legendary investor and CEO of Berkshire Hathaway.
About The Pantry and Kangaroo Express
The Pantry, Inc. (thepantry.com) is the leading independently operated convenience store chain in the southeastern United States. The company’s primary operating banner is Kangaroo Express. The Pantry’s stores offer a broad selection of merchandise, as well as gasoline and other services designed to appeal to the “on-the-go” convenience needs of its customers.
Complete Rules for Free Gas for a Year Giveaway:
• Entries will be accepted on November 17, 2011 at Kangaroo/Marathon #3998, 2531 NC Hwy 87 South Cameron, NC 28326.
• Winner will be announced on November 17, 2011 at the same address as above.
• The Pantry Employees and their family members are not enter and are not eligible to win.
• Must at least 16 years old and present a valid driver’s license to win.
• Free Gas for a Year is based on $50 per week for 52 weeks.
• The winner will receive 52 $50 Kangaroo Express/Marathon gas cards.
• Gas cards must be redeemed at Kangaroo Express/Marathon locations. For a complete list of locations please call 1-800-476-7574 ext. 5534.
• The Free Gas for a Year has no cash value.
• The prize winner will be responsible for all taxes (including but not limited to federal, state, local and/or income) on the prize and will be required to provide his/her Social Security number for tax reporting purposes in order to allow the Sponsor to issue an IRS Form 1099
• No purchase necessary to enter to win. A purchase does not increase or improve your chances to win.
• Void where prohibited
• Pantry reserves the right to cancel or suspend the giveaway for any reason it deems appropriate, at its sole and absolute discretion