Applied Voice & Speech Technologies, Inc. (AVST) announces a new version of its flagship Unified Communications (UC) solution, CallXpress® 8.2. The new version includes AVST Mobile for CallXpress, which extends the personal assistant capabilities of CallXpress making it accessible on the most popular smartphone devices including Android™ and iPhone®. Additionally, for those looking to integrate Microsoft® OCS / Lync™ with their existing telephony infrastructure, CallXpress 8.2 includes the ability to act as an Intelligent Gateway.
“Today’s highly mobile workforce requires anytime-anywhere communications in order to stay connected and productive, and the smartphone has played a key role in redefining ‘work’ as a thing you do, rather than a place you go,” noted Tom Minifie, AVST’s Chief Technology Officer. “AVST Mobile enables smartphone users to manage both their personal and business communications on the same device – all while ensuring the security of their business data.”
AVST Mobile together with CallXpress empowers personal productivity by providing:
• A native client on Android and iPhone smartphones;
• The ability to separate personal calls from business calls – Enabling the efficient management of inbound and outbound calls, voice messages and the management of a user’s availability and settings to separate business from personal calls;
• Mobile number protection – Retains the privacy of a user’s mobile phone number by routing incoming and outgoing business calls through CallXpress;
• Single number reach – A single identity allows the user to be reached anywhere, while maintaining a single voicemail box and phone number;
• Visual call screening – Allows for visual identification of who is calling, enabling the user to determine how to best manage each call;
• Settings management – Offers the ability to quickly manage availability and voicemail settings on the go.
Further adding to the list of new capabilities, CallXpress 8.2 can now be implemented as an Intelligent Gateway to connect Microsoft OCS and Microsoft Lync to an existing PBX. “AVST has found a solution to Telecom Your Lync,” said Jim Burton, Founder and CEO of CT Link and Co-Founder of UCStrategies.com. “Customers today want to keep their robust telephony infrastructure in place, but are still looking at how to facilitate the introduction of Lync into their voice landscape.”
The Intelligent Gateway offers numerous benefits without the need for additional client software on users’ workstations. These benefits include:
• Extending the instant messaging and presence capabilities delivered by the OCS/Lync client to also be used as a softphone for the PBX;
• Routing of incoming calls to a user’s OCS/Lync client;
• Allowing outbound calls from OCS/Lync to the PSTN.
AVST continues its focus on telephony interoperability and in doing so the new release of CallXpress can now integrate with Avaya® IP Office and ShoreTel® ShoreGear® using SIP. Additionally, the Avaya Communication Manager/Session Manager SIP integration has been enhanced to work with either a SIP trunk or SIP stations. These new and enhanced integrations, in addition to the 400-plus TDM and IP integrations already offered by AVST, further bolster the company’s position as providing the industry’s most interoperable UC solution.
CallXpress 8.2 is available now through AVST’s established reseller channels. For more information about AVST’s products, please visit the company website.
The typical enterprise communications infrastructure is made up of a collection of technologies from multiple vendors, acquired over time and never intended to work together. To maximize user and business productivity, while leveraging existing IT investments, interoperability is a must.
AVST (avst.com) delivers the industry's most interoperable Unified Communications (UC) platform that brings best-of-breed voice, mobility and business process applications to the enterprise. Unlike virtually every other UC vendor, AVST does not constrain customers with a single vendor lock-in approach. In fact, it's the very opposite. By connecting new and existing technologies, AVST frees organizations from the constraints of a closed, single-source UC solution, unlocking the full potential of their communications infrastructure.
With over 15 million users worldwide and three decades of innovation excellence, AVST is unifying communications®.
Headquartered in Orange County, California, AVST maintains facilities in Seattle, Washington, Victoria B.C., Canada and the United Kingdom and has remote sales offices throughout the United States. AVST's UC solutions are sold and supported worldwide by an extensive network of resellers and OEM partners. Follow us at Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn.