Frost & Sullivan presented awards to thirteen innovators and industry leaders at its prestigious 2011 African Excellence Awards Banquet last night. The annual awards banquet, held at The Westin hotel, honoured companies for outstanding performance across a spectrum of industries, ranging from renewable energy to infrastructure, chemicals and materials, broadband, uninterruptible power supplies, data centres and private power production.
"Frost & Sullivan acknowledges exceptional industry achievements and demonstration of best practices by presenting awards to top companies in regional and global markets," said Frost & Sullivan's Operations Manager and Consulting Director for Africa, Hendrik Malan. "Awardees have demonstrated innovation, competitiveness and leadership in meeting the particular demands of doing business in Africa. The products and services that we recognise are examples of how to effectively manage business in the current economic climate."
The keynote address was delivered by Frost & Sullivan's Partner and Operations Director for Africa and Latin America, Phil Howarth. "The analysis and interpretation of global Mega Trends should form a cornerstone of any business' long term planning process," said Howarth,"Understanding the relevant micro implications of Mega Trends to your specific industry, and interpreting them into opportunities, is a critical skill that leading companies need to acquire. Mega Trends not only open up fabulous opportunities to companies on a global level, but they can also significantly change the competitive structure of the industries in which we operate, and the players within them."
Howarth concluded that in Africa specifically, global Mega Trends should be observed on three levels. Firstly, in terms of the local market opportunities they create; secondly, identifying the most attractive export markets and thirdly, interpreting how local companies can form part of the global supply chain, which delivers products and services to these new markets.
Awards conferred over the course of the evening included those for leadership in market share, market penetration, growth, customer service, and competitive strategy.
The following is a complete list of award recipients:
• 2010 South African Human Machine Interfaces Market Share Leadership Award: Wonderware Southern Africa
• 2011 African Private Power Producers Green Excellence Award: ABSA Corporate Real Estate Services
• 2011 Uninterruptible Power Supplies Customer Service Leadership Award: Master Power Technologies (Pty) Ltd.
• 2011 African Renewable Energy Growth Leadership Award: Solairedirect Technologies
• 2011 Southern African Electricity Transmission and Distribution Competitive Strategy Leadership Award: Copperbelt Energy Corporation Plc (CEC)
• 2010 Global Ballast Water Treatment Systems Vertical Market Award: Resource Ballast Technologies (Pty) Ltd
• 2011 South African Programmable Logic Controllers Market Penetration Leadership Award: Beckhoff Automation (Pty) Ltd
• 2011 African Infrastructure Chemicals and Materials Technology Innovation Award: PRICOIL GHANA
• 2011 West and Central African Broadband Growth Leadership Award: iBurst Africa DRC
• 2011 South African Data Centre Green Excellence Award in Technology Innovation: Cybernest
• 2010 South African Business Process Outsourcing Services Growth Strategy Leadership Award: Direct Channel Holdings Pty Ltd.
• 2011 South African Excellence in M&A Strategy in IT services Award: Dimension Data
• 2011 African Broadband Communications Customer Value Enhancement Award: Econet Wireless
Frost & Sullivan's industry analysts compare market participants and measure performance through in-depth interviews, analysis, and extensive secondary research to identify best practices in the industry.
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, enables clients to accelerate growth and achieve best-in-class positions in growth, innovation and leadership. The company's Growth Partnership Service provides the CEO and the CEO's Growth Team with disciplined research and best-practice models to drive the generation, evaluation, and implementation of powerful growth strategies. Frost & Sullivan leverages 50 years of experience in partnering with Global 1000 companies, emerging businesses and the investment community from more than 40 offices on six continents.