• Q3 EBITDA from continuing operations €339 million, 26% ahead of Q3 2010;
• Organic sales growth 14%;
• Robust performance in Life Sciences despite significant impact of Swiss franc;
• Very good Materials Sciences results driven by Polymer Intermediates;
• Martek continued its excellent performance; integration completed;
• DSM Sinochem Pharmaceuticals joint venture established;
• EPS (before exceptional items, continuing operations) up 38% to €0.94;
• Outlook confirmed: 2011 expected to be a strong year.
Commenting on the results, Feike Sijbesma, CEO/Chairman of the DSM Managing Board, said: “We are pleased to have delivered continued profitable growth compared to last year across all business clusters. This performance has been achieved despite the significant impact of a very strong Swiss franc and a weak US dollar.
“Our outlook remains unchanged: 2011 is expected to be a strong year with further progress towards achieving our 2013 targets. However, DSM remains vigilant to possible negative developments in the global economy. Through Q3 we have experienced weakening in the electronics and electrical markets and in the depressed building and construction markets. DSM would not be immune to a deterioration in the economic environment, however, we have transformed DSM into a much more balanced and stronger company with a relatively resilient portfolio in health, nutrition and materials, a broad geographic spread with a strong presence in high growth economies and a solid balance sheet.”
Royal DSM N.V. is a global science-based company active in health, nutrition and materials. By connecting its unique competences in Life Sciences and Materials Sciences DSM is driving economic prosperity, environmental progress and social advances to create sustainable value for all stakeholders. DSM delivers innovative solutions that nourish, protect and improve performance in global markets such as food and dietary supplements, personal care, feed, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, automotive, paints, electrical and electronics, life protection, alternative energy and bio-based materials.
For more Information::
Hans Vossen, DSM Investor Relations
T: +31 (0) 45 5782864 / E: investor.relations[.]dsm.com.